🇬🇧 🇩🇪 Fairphoners in Franken (Bamberg/Nürnberg/Bayreuth und Co) [vacant]

As promised, here comes the photo:

We took it a little late, so some people had already gone but you get the nice atmosphere of the location and the meet-up anyway. Left to right: Ött, Linda, @jom, @Toking, @merci, Mathias (1 oder 2 t?), @BeMiGro and @Moritz. Peter behind the camera, and Florian already on his way home who showed us his shiftphone he got a week ago. @marc_bamberg just did a guided backspace tour with Ptflea, so they were in another room at the time of taking the picture, just like Flo, another backspace member.
People came from different parts of Franken: Fürth, Coburg, Ansbach, Bayreuth and of course Bamberg.

We had nice discussions on different topics and the non-FP owners appreciated to be able to get a look at and hold FPs in their hands as well. Some even told us that they will seriously consider buying an FP2 once they’ll need a (new) smartphone.

Thanks again to the backspace for accommodating us, was really great and special thanks to Ptflea who also gave us a nice tour of the backspace. I think there was mutual interest. :slight_smile:

Conclusion: To be repeated!

@StephanNo: Don’t worry, hopefully you can make it next time. Btw, we decided to create a mailing list. Ask @Toking if you want to be on it.

@tphysm: I asked Florian about the shiftphone, but concerning transparency, he does not know more than you can get from the website either. For him it is kind of a leap of faith (Vertrauensvorschuss) he accords them for the moment because their company is even younger than Fairphone. But he also hopes that this will improve.

Edit: Corrected the reason of absence on the photo of @marc_bamberg :relieved:

And of course, I forgot another thing: Big thanks to @Douwe for sending us the T-shirts and stuff, highly appreciated!

4 Likes

Hi everybody!
@merci: no, not been home already, Obviously I was taking a tour of the Backspace at the moment you did the photo (btw, did you shoot it with the fairphone?)
Was a nice evening, an absolutely phantastic location - did not imagine that there is such a cell of technological ceativity in my hometown - and good to see and feel that there are more fairphoners just around!
Looking forward to our next event!

1 Like

Oops, sorry, I did not recall exactly when we took it and just assumed that it was after you went home - my fault, I’ll edit it. Photo taken with my old-fashioned camera, wanted my FP2 on the pic :wink:

Sooooo - alles Fertig!
Danke für Eure Ermunterung, dass man nicht wirklich was kaputt machen kann. Ich hab mir mit dieser Anleitung heute xprivacy aufs Fairphone gepackt und bin sehr zufrieden damit.
Danke nochmal für die Tips in dieser Richtung.

Grüße an alle

2 Likes

This Photo is taken by FP2 (using OpenCamera).

3 Likes

By the way, here’s the poll on country distributions of forum members I talked about yesterday.

At the risk of being a pain in the a**, I’m still curious for the recipe :wink: @merci

1 Like

Sorry, for not having answered earlier, I overlooked the question and then was out of town at a job interview…

The recipe, as far as I am concerned, is to find a nice location like a hackerspace or run by otherwise like-minded people who advertise the event on their own mailing list etc
This way some people will come there who would not hear about it via FP-related channels.

Hope this answers your question :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply! :smile:

Hey there Franconians,
my fairphone is not charging anymore since nearly four weeks now. I didn´t get any answer from the support so I want to repair the phone somewhere here ( I am in Nuremberg). Des anyone have experience in giving his or her phone to repair in Nuremberg?

Mein FP lässt sich seit fast vier Wochen nicht mehr laden. Ich habe vom Support keine Antwort erhalten, deshalb will ich es jetzt hier irgendwo (Nürnberg) reparieren lassen. Hat irgendwer von Euch Erfahrung damit, das FP reparieren zu lassen?

Danke und Grüße
die Kaddl

Ich bin bisher immer nur in Nürnberg umgestiegen, kenne mich da also nicht wirklich aus.
Du hast ein FP1, oder? Was genau willst du denn reparieren lassen?
Vielleicht kann dir ja der Bastler @Jom helfen? Oder @StephanNo, der aus der näheren Umgebung kommt?

In der Supportzeit nicht mal mehr ne Antwort hinzubekommen ist bitter. Der Support der Firma ist wirklich nicht gut. Geht es um FP1 oder FP2?

Ruf besser erst mal an bei Fairphone (Telefonnummer unten auf https://fairphone.zendesk.com/hc/en-us – normalerweise werden Anrufe aus Deutschland auch gleich auf deutsch entgegengenommen). Wenn Du ein FP1U hast, bist Du ja sogar noch im Gewährleistungszeitraum. Der USB-Port, über den ja geladen wird, ist eine bekannte Schwachstelle des FP1 und des FP1U. Da der USB-Port nur mit sehr großem Risiko allein ausgetauscht werden kann, muss das ganze Motherboard (die “Leiterplatte”), an dem er dran ist ausgetauscht werden. Dieses Ersatzteil kostet allein schon um die 120 Euro (ohne Arbeitslohn und Versandkosten), deshalb erkundige dich erst mal, ob es unter Gewährleistung fällt.

1 Like

Have you seen this?

https://forum.fairphone.com/t/help-fairphone-in-munchen/17915

2 Likes

Thanks for bringing this up, I just replied. Indeed, I am about to move to Munich… What a strange coincidence :smiley:

3 Likes

Hallo,
Wie sieht es denn in nächster Zeit mit einem Treffen aus?
Von Aschaffenburg ist Bamberg nicht so weit, und auch in Nürnberg bin ich häufiger :slight_smile:

Grüßle

1 Like

Hallo nach Aschaffenburg,

tut mir leid, dass ich nicht schneller geantwortet habe, aber ich bin vor kurzem nach München gezogen, sodass ich leider keine Franken-Treffen mehr organisieren können werde. Aber hoffentlich findet sich einer der anderen, die beim ersten Treffen waren (@Moritz, @BeMiGro, @Toking, @marc_bamberg, @StephanNo, @jom?), der diese weiterführen möchte…

Viele Grüße aus dem Süden

2 Likes

Ich bin raus. Hab mein Fairphone 2 wieder verkauft, da ich fand dass die Software-Enwicklung gar nicht gepasst hat. Musste ein zweites Gerät mit mir herumtragen, da ich Komponenten von Android 6 gebraucht hatte und musste dann feststellen dass Fairphone meine Erwartungen nicht erfüllt.

Hallo zusammen,
gibt es aktuell Bestrebungen eurerseits, ein neues Treffen zu organisieren? Ich komme aus dem Raum Nürnberg und könnte mir vorstellen, da was auf die Beine zu stellen.

Freu mich auf eure Antworten :wink:
Gruß
Chris

3 Likes

@ChrisDeChef: Ich habe @merci’s Adressbuch-Eintrag zum Wiki gemacht. Wenn @merci einverstanden ist (?), kannst du dich als Kontaktperson eintragen (@merci ist ja nicht mehr in Franken).

1 Like