šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§ šŸ‡©šŸ‡Ŗ Battery consumption view: What is "other / miscellaneous / sonstige"?

In my case the curve looks quite linear, I donā€™t think it only happens when the phone is active. Something just slowly drains the battery.

Try to use betterbatterystats which you can download directly from XDA :
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1179809

I am using this one and tells you plenty of tingsā€¦ You can select ā€˜processā€™ and it tells you the percentage for each process of the phone so you can see if it is an app that is draining or if it is something elseā€¦

Another app that you can try is batterystat plus, this one works with Xposed (the other one just need root access). The link is from xposed is
http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.rootuninstaller.bstats

Try those, might help you.
Also I just installed an app that is called ā€œforce Dozeā€ which actually force the Doze to stay active few minutes after the screen goes off and even if you are moving. I found it very useful and I am saving lots of battery.

2 Likes

I installed BetterBatteryStats which didnā€™t reveal anything new. It just shows stats that never add up to 100% battery usage. Itā€™s still totally unclear where the drain comes from In the mean time it even got worse. Without any heavy usage of the phone Iā€™m still not getting more than 6 - 8 from one charge.

Iā€™m beginning to suspect that my phone is broken. That would be a pity, I expected to get more than two years out of itā€¦ :disappointed_relieved:

You might try out ā€œwakelock detektorā€ but I think itā€™s not available in F-Droid.
To see if itā€™s HW or app related you might do a complete backup and then a factory reset and run your phone half a day without all your additional apps to see if power drain remains.
If HW related it could also be related to SIM card(s) or SD card.

Hi there! My FP2 OS drains battery very fast. Even in plane mode, the phone can pass from 80% to 70% in few hours, while a few months ago it was kept at 80% all night in plane mode. Somebody with the same problem? When looking at battery use, miscellaneous is on the top of the list (sometimes more than 100%! :-S and other apps at 10% or 20% at most ). Any idea what is happening? In developer options I can see that settings is the one using more RAM.

Any ideas or help please?

3 Likes

Iā€™ve got a similar problem after installing Open OS update 17.07.6. Reverting to 17.06.4 solved the problem for me (except that I canā€™t install any updates anymore for the time being). See here: FP2 Battery Problems (drains quickly, CPU gets hot) - See batteryguide for workarounds

It seems that ā€œmiscellaneousā€ is now called ā€œover-countedā€ in Marshmallow.
Iā€™m having trouble with ā€œover-countedā€ battery usage these last days and I also have wifi under battery usage, even if I donā€™t use wifi (and no location services either that could use wifi). I am on open 17.07.6.

I am facing the same problem on Fairphone Open 18.02.0:

Any ideas?

EDIT: The proximity sensor is causing a wake lock. So I removed all apps listening to the proximity sensor while the screenā€™s turned off and that solved the battery drain problem. Is this wake lock behaviour intended or is it a bug?

1 Like

Hi! I believe nobody found any solution for this problemā€¦ Iā€™ve tried to see some patternsā€¦ What I saw so far is the following. First, not always but sometimes battery drains very fast, even in airplane mode. The only exception is when phone is in ā€œbattery economy modeā€. This is the only thing that prevents battery to drain fast. Iā€™ve tried apps to track battery usage, greenify, etcā€¦ Iā€™ve found a workaround that works: Go to developer options/running apps/ click on ā€œsettingsā€ and stop it. This solved my problem. Seems that take a look to battery use makes battery to drain faster in my case :wink:

1 Like

Why canā€™t I read that thread?

1 Like

By the wayā€¦ I found an interesting information about battery drain in Android 6.0 see here:

Indeed, I have some apps that I rarely use that use more battery than the most used apps. These rarely used apps show high amounts of mobile radio active.

1 Like

More clearly:
You found an interesting information about battery drain in Android 5, which Google announced to fix in Android 6 according to this article from 2015 :wink: .

ā€œMany users have been experiencing a battery draining bug in Lollipop caused by the deviceā€™s radio remaining active for too long, but only now is Google doing something about it. The fix is expected to roll out in Android 6.0.ā€

3 Likes

haha yes youā€™re right! :stuck_out_tongue:
I meant that, as they mention ā€œis expected toā€, it is possible that this problem was not fixed (or has been fixed in more recent Android versions instead of 6.0). Because Iā€™m using Android 6 and, as far as I can tell, Iā€™m having the same problem. Maybe fairphone developers could take a look at it; it could partly explain the problems with battery drain that we are experiencing.

1 Like

Fairphone developers are hard at work to deliver the upgrade to Android 7 due this summer, I doubt that much work will go into Android 6 anymore :wink: .

1 Like

I tried to read that thread but it says I donā€™t have the permission to read itā€¦ has it been perhaps deleted?

It was archived, but I doubt itā€™s relevant anymore.
It was about a bug in Android 5 and weā€™re now on Android 7 and the bug hasnā€™t been reported since.

I have installed 7.1.2 open edition.
I donā€™t know if it is the same bug but I get a really high miscellaneous power usage. Currently at 72%. The power usage is so high that the power supplied byan computer USB plug is not eenough not only to recharge but even to maintain the battery level. Yesterday i plugged it into my main desktop and this morning the battery was completely depleted.
The CPU also get really hot. I tried to slow the CPU down using Kernel adiutor from Fdroid repositories switching off 2 cores slowing it down in the range 300-1500 MHz and using power saving CPUgovernor. Of course those are not solutions. Luckily Iā€™m at home healing a sprained ankle so I have plenty of time to help sorting out this issue.
Thanks in advance for your time :slight_smile:

See the #batteryguide for some general tips.
Heat usually speaks for faulty cards. Take out the SD/SIM-card(s) and see if charging works better then.

1 Like

I tried removing OpenGApps and it helped.
I thought everything returned normal, yet I still see an abnormal ā€œMiscellaneousā€ power usage, even after removing MicroSD as paulakreuzer suggested.
I just canā€™t remove the SIM card as I need to actually use the phone. Iā€™ll move it into the other socket to check if it improves the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.