🇫🇷 🇬🇧 Power on-off & volume up buttons don't work and then / Boutons marche-arrêt et volume + ne fonctionnent pas et ensuite

Text in english below

Bonjour,

Le FP 2 est mon premier smartphone. Je l’ai depuis fin aout et mis en fonction mi septembre (le temps de changer pour un opérateur avec internet). Je suis passé sous Fairphone Open OS. Et comme c’est mon premier, j’ai suivi les instructions, sans plus.

Et voici mon problème…
En début de semaine et en fin de soirée, les boutons marche-arrêt et volume + ne fonctionnent plus, sans raison apparente.
Heureusement un appui prolongé (plus de 10 sec.) sur le bouton marche-arrêt permet d’arrêter. Mais en allumant le FP2 j’arrive directement sur TWRP sans rien faire. J’ai essayer de redémarrer mais je n’y suis pas arrivé, soit renvoyé vers TWRP, soit bloqué sur l’écran “Fairphone, powered by Android”.
J’ai réinstallé FP OpenOS, mais ça n’a pas eu l’air de fonctionner… sauf que le lendemain pour vérifier ça a marché… jusqu’à hier soir.

A nouveau, les boutons marche-arrêt et volume + ne répondent pas et ensuite je reste bloqué soit avec un retour sur TWRP soit sur le premier écran d’accueil.

Merci pour vos retours et réactions.

Hello,

The FP 2 is my first smartphone. I have it since the end of August and put in function mid September (time to change for an operator with internet). I switched to Fairphone Open OS. And as this is my first, I followed the instructions, no more.

And here is my problem …
At the beginning of the week and at the end of the evening, the on-off and volume up buttons no longer work.
Fortunately, a prolonged press (more than 10 sec.) on the on / off button stop it. But then, by turning on the FP2 I arrive directly on TWRP without doing anything. I tried to restart but I’m, either sent back to TWRP, or blocked on the “Fairphone, powered by Android” screen.
I reinstalled FP OpenOS, but it did not seem to work … except that the next day when I checked it worked … until last night.

Again, the on-off and volume up buttons do not respond and then I remain blocked either with a return on TWRP or on the first home screen.
Thank you for your feedback.

Does this behaviour stay the same if you take off the case?

If not … the case would seem at fault. Put the case back on and see whether reassembling it perhaps helped.

If not … A sometimes blocked power button can be repaired by physically swapping it with the camera button.
Blocked Volume buttons are a case for Fairphone support (calling them is the fastest way to a response).

1 Like

When I’m on TWRP, it work well with the case.
At the beginning of the week, I think I tried restart without the case and the problem was still here.

And about volume buttons, only the up volume button is affected.

FP2 - Fairphone Open 17.10.1

:fr: Plus d’infos, et plus précises
Quand le problème arrive, je vois le menu déroulant pour le réglage du son s’afficher en haut de l’écran et le curseur aller sur la droite, comme si j’appuyais sur le bouton de volume +, mais il le fait tout seul. Et alors les boutons volume + et marche/arrêt ne fonctionnent plus (parfois seulement l’un des deux).
Obligé d’éteindre en appuyant longuement sur le bouton marche/arrêt, j’arrive sur TWRP. Je vais sur Redémarrer > Éteindre (les autres possibilités bloque le téléphone sur l’écran “Fairphone, powered by Android”). Ensuite je rallume normalement (parfois retour sur TWRP), mais le problème reviens rapidement au bout de quelques minutes d’utilisation.

Quelques remarques :
Avec ou sans la coque cela ne change rien.
On dirait que c’est lié à la durée d’utilisation. J’éteins mon téléphone pour la nuit. Le matin le problème met du temps pour arriver, plus tard lors des différents redémarrages, il arrive plus rapidement.

:gb: More accurate informations
When the problem occurs, I see the drop-down setting sounds popup appearing at the top of the screen and the cursor going to the right, as if I pressed the volume up button, except I don’t. And then the volume up and on / off buttons no longer work (sometimes only one of them).
Forced to switch off by pressing and holding the on / off button, I arrive at TWRP. I’m going to Restart > Turn off (the other possibilities stuck the phone on the “Fairphone, powered by Android” screen). Then I turn on normally the FP2 (sometimes back to TWRP), but the problem comes back quickly after a few minutes of use.

A few comments:
With or without the case it does not change anything.
It seems that this is related to the duration of use. I turn off my phone for the night. In the morning the problem takes time to occur, later when the next restarts, it happens more quickly.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.