FP4 Screen with yellow hue

Hey everybody,

I have noticed that my fairphone’s screen has a constant yellow hue and was wondering how I could turn it off.
It is a software matter, as the yellow filter is sometimes disabled for a few seconds when I boot up the phone or when I change apps.

I hope you can help me with this very mildly annoying issue.

Thank you.

Do you have nightlight enabled?

1 Like

Nope, it is disabled, and it makes my screen even yellower if I activate it.

Alright, after checking for nightlight, I looked up all my settings again, and I am pretty ashamed to say that “Visual Enhancement” was turned on as “Natural”, which actually looks less natural and more yellow.
Turning it to “Vivid” seems to turn my screen back to normal.

Sorry for bothering you,
Thank you,

Have a good day.

4 Likes

Strange, on my FP4 the difference between “Vivid” and “Natural” is only overall saturation and contrast. To me (on my FP4, YMMV), “Vivid” looks over-saturated and over-contrasted, so I set my phone to “Natural”, no yellow hue at all.
Did you per chance have the “Eye Comfort Mode” on? (Bottom of “Visual Enhancement”)
This is yet another way to turn your screen yellowish.

Nope, that’s weird, all other settings seem set to normal/disabled.
The yellow hue of natural is very slight but still noticeable.
I don’t know what could be causing any difference.

Strange indeed, I tried it again just to be sure, and no, no hint of any hue or color temperature change when I switch from one to the other.

Oh well, the important thing is you managed to find a setting which works for you. :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.