FP4 - Pictures Gallery

All shot with the stock camera (version v2.0.024(02151300-01))

8 Likes

HDR, stock cam.

9 Likes

I went hiking this weekend. I was only at home on the 4k TV aware of how beautiful the shots were. It was also enormously clear in the mountains that must also be said.

13 Likes

Night mode, stock cam with HDR. May 2022 update

9 Likes

All shot with the stock camera (version v2.0.024(02151300-01)). White and color balance is still off. The pictures don’t look very natural. But they’re improving.

3 Likes

Stock camera, HDR, June security update

3 Likes

Stock cam, 12MP

4 Likes

All stock camera.

8 Likes

Stock camera

G-cam Nikita

Both are on automatic, no special effects.
Stock camera has a real issue with white balance :frowning:

10 Likes

It may help to report it to FP support. They have improved it already, but indeed, it could be better.

2 Likes

Using the native camera with version v2.0.029(08081500-01) and the FPos release of August.
I don’t see much improvement in the white balance, which was noted in the last release notes as an improvement. The colors are still not consistent. It’s either too saturated, or too blend. The sweet spot in between like a Pixel is still far away. I know this is not a Pixel of course, but it is a benchmark to compare a good camera with :slight_smile: And one day I suppose it will be possible to reach the quality of e.g. the Pixel 1 (released 6 years ago).

The quality is still doable, I’m not complaining. Just reviewing.

3 Likes

July 5 security update. HDR automatic enabled with stock camera. Nothing much has been improved

4 Likes

Using Greatness Gcam on top of LOS 19.1, not very convinced, sharpness feels a bit off, especially with reduced 16/9 resolution.

5 Likes

Alles mit Stock Cam.
IMG_20220825_185159|666x500

10 Likes

Comparison FP4 different Apps and also with FP3

FP3 (48MPModule) Nikita GCam Port 8.2 v1.8

FP4 OpenCamera

FP4 OpenCamera_HDR

FP4 Nikita Gcam port 8.2 v1.6

FP4 Stock 48MP

FP4 stock wide angle

FP4 stock

5 Likes

Die Bilder sehen für mich alle überbelichtet aus

yeah the light conditions were bad (taking pictures into the sun is never a good idea) and cams have limits to cope with it. Still I think the “series” shows that its not the hardware or higher resolution that brings better results and its the software. I dont see currently any advantage in using OpenCamera on the FP4 (other than its open source software), I neither see advantage in using full resolution (it will just use a lot storage capacity). The wide angle lense is quite awful in terms of colours/saturation. The Gcam port on FP3 and FP4 for me brings a better picture (more contrast/details…) and there is no big difference in my eyes comparing FP3 and FP4 when using Gcam.

Today rising sun

Stock

Gcam

4 Likes

Thanks to the 9 Euro ticket, I visited Heidelberg a few days ago. Absolutely beautiful!
Stock cam, HDR

HDR

Wide angle, HDR

3 Likes

Stock, HDR

4 Likes

Since my last post there were a couple of updates for the stock camera app, so I guess it makes sense to upload new comparisons. OpenCamera also got updates in the meantime. The Wichaya GCam version is the same as before.

Some photos from a rather sunny but also quite windy September day in Hamburg.
All images were takes with defaults, no filters applied and no editing afterwards.

Versions used
OpenCamera: v1.50.1
Stock cam: v2.0.029(07081500-01)
Wichaya: 8.1.101.345618084

The stock cam seems rather pale most of the time. Especially in the blue car picture. The other two apps are much closer to reality.
Open Camera on the other hand sometimes looks “too much”. While for the red trash bin it’s closest to reality, the level of redness is somewhat “over the truth” while the other two are significantly “lower” (darker).
For some of the pictures the differences are not that obvious to me.
I still think that Wichaya is my fav app.

12 Likes