FP4 heat up very fast

Something is strange with the battery percentages anyway.
My battery diagram sometimes goes 1% up for no reason and never shows from 100%, i can just see the last minutes / Hours.(some people also noticed that here)
Also the first 5-8% are gone in 30-60 min but the last 15% lasts for far more then 4h. (in battery safe mode but active usage)
So a fast drain could be only an illusion, if you didn’t test it till 0% (or 5%).

Yesterday my phone went to 17% till 8pm, and at 12 i still had 11%.

Oh and i limited the background usage of many apps. (App settings/battery), it worked very well. MS Teams was a big battery killer on my FP4. (and heated my phone up a lot.)

Hello Everyone. I got my FP4 a year ago, and as already mentioned in the forum, I have had problems since the beginning with battery drain. I have tried endless things. I even replaced the battery some weeks ago, but nothing helped really. Yesterday, it seems, I have found an approach!!!
I noticed that the “Quickstep” was always in the “active processes”, but i didn’t know what to do with it. So what I did yesterday, I went into “Apps” then “all apps” then clicked on “Quickstep” and cleared cache and deleted all the stored data. The consequence that I noticed, that all apps were removed from the homescreen. Since yesterday, my battery usage is as good as I have never seen it with my FP4 since one year, tremendous improvement! I don’t know if it was from a widget that I have installed or what the actual cause was (or if it was a combination). But I suggest everyone to try that.

I will leave my homescreen blank as it is for a week to proove, that this was what it solved. And then I will add App by App, one per week, to observe the behaviour. Please spread that message to all the desperate FP4 battery drain users :slight_smile: @UPPERCASE

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.