FP4 Battery life

It’s displaying the battery usage since the last full charge. But the battery was charged several times without reaching 100%. So the usage can sum up more than 100%.

4 Likes

Mine never does such crazy figures, but I do have an FP3. Still I’m pretty sure that’s a malfunction.

I never charge my phon to 100% and if I disconnect at 90% it considers that a full charge, which is also a bit weird.
I can see a bit of not-fun checking this out :slight_smile:

No its not, it always happens when you charge around 80% which is not considered a full charge and the systems therfore keeps and sums up the information. Thats true for all FPs.

5 Likes

So maybe the 80% is the cut off period for deciding what is a full charge, though I did say 90%.

I will try and pay more attention to the state of my battery to confirm.

MOVED an update to another topic as it’s a bit off maybe.

It’s displaying the battery usage since the last full charge.

I’d call that confusing – but I can’t think of anything to do that’s less confusing, and it is at least informative. Thanks for demystifying!

2 Likes

Confusing figures, absolutely.

Maybe my contribution here is a bit off topic as it relates to the recordings of an FP3 so I have moved the content to a separate topic.

I was not able to continue after It appeared a screen with red, blue and Green. Didn’t see the option to continue…

7 abr 2022, 19:04 por forum@fairphone.com:

Battery life is quite good. Been using the phone with speakers on or Bluetooth, with brightness on auto. So during the day basically at 100%.

• Regular phone calls
  • Signal calls and messages
  • Regular browsing
  • YouTube for music and videos
  • Moderate gaming
  • Watched a few minutes of series from my SD card

Total on screen time: 6 hours and 33 minutes. I had a brief battery boost in the afternoon.

Confirmed, it is a battery problem. Yesterday I recalibrated the battery and it drained from 100 to 75 quickly but then after 75% it behaved normally. I will continue recalibrating and will see if I can get 100%

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, how do you recalibrate your battery? Isn’t that something Android automatically does for you?

E.g. see #dic:kickstart or ifixit guide to calibrate batteries

3 Likes

I’m following this steps: How to Calibrate Your Android's Battery
But by now it is not working as expected, hehe
I will continue and see if I arrive at 100%

By the way do you have the time and date set to automatically update from the network or do you do it manually when after you remove the phone.

On the FP3 removing the battery with manual time set messes up some battery info based on time.

It is done automatically

1 Like

I’ve been trying to contact fairphone to replace the battery for one week via mail (web), Twitter and mastodon and I’m not receiving an answer.
Any other way to contact them? First experience with fairphone and not very happy so far

Have you not tried the support page ? As it’s under warranty, unless told otherwise you will have to request support from ŧhe website. I don’t think the methods you mention are maybe the best way.

It still may not be the battery but the charging and monitoring hardware etc.

Fairphone will want to do some checks with you before sending a new battery.

1 Like

When you contacted FP support they automatically sent you a reply with an estimation of when you can expect an answer.

Last time I contacted them they sent me this:

We aim to reply within 5 working days, and we thank you in advance for your patience!

So by now they should reply (via the support page). If not, you may also give them a call.

1 Like

Hi, the first thing I did was to write into the support page. They told me they would respond in 5 days. After one week without response I started writing in twitter and mastodon. Today they have responded. They are asking me to do what we have been saying in this forum. Anyhow, I will repeat it again and send the results. Thanks

1 Like

Hi, they have answered today (8 days). Thanks

Ah! that wasn’t mentioned :slight_smile: I suppose the 5 days is the generic ‘business week’ which gives them 7 days to answer, so they answered the next day: that’s pretty ‘good’

The issue is that a customer has a problem them want resolved asap or immediately :slight_smile: Saying ‘we’ will respond in 5 days gives some hope of an earlyish resolution but, especially with a small company like Fairphone, it is helpful to give them time to respond.

Given the amount of work a small company has, multiple attempts to contact them can only add to the responses they have to make slowing any meaning full response.

Well now hopefully you are on the road to recovery from your unhappy

All the best

2 Likes