FP4 and (unofficial) LineageOS

Thanks @mmustermann for keeping an eye open for that commit! MCC 310 is exactly T-Mobile and this commit seems to be the fix for my VoLTE problem! This really makes me happy! Finally I have a fully functional FP4 in the USA running LOS. Thank y’all for your efforts and contributions!

3 Likes

Hello,
I’m trying to build LineageOS 20.0 for myself. For LineageOS 19.1, earlier in this thread, the following roomservice.xml was shared: FP4 and LineageOS - #345 by onlyJakob. I would’ve based my roomservice.xml for LineageOS 20.0 off that, but I’m confused by the lack of a lineage-20.0 branch in the FairBlobs repo. Do the proprietary blobs for LineageOS 20.0 need to be obtained in a different way?

Did I understand correctly, that after setting up the repository, I need to to create the file .repo/local_manifests/roomservice.xml , then re-run repo sync, and after that I can proceed with breakfast and brunch as described on the LineageOS wiki?
Unfortunately I couldn’t find any instructions about how to build for a device that isn’t yet officially supported by LineageOS, so I’m not sure whether I’m doing it correctly.

Hey @akamar,

The repo with the firmware files has changed. Have a look at my current roomservice.xml. The alternative is to use the ./extract-files.sh script to extract the binary blobs from the stock rom.

roomservice.xml
cat .repo/local_manifests/roomservice.xml 
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_fairphone_fp4" path="vendor/fairphone/FP4" revision="lineage-20" remote="github" />
  <project name="LineageOS/android_device_fairphone_FP4" path="device/fairphone/FP4" revision="lineage-20" remote="github" />
  <project name="LineageOS/android_kernel_fairphone_sm7225" path="kernel/fairphone/sm7225" revision="lineage-20" remote="github" />
</manifest>

Yes, thats right. Just follow the instructions in the wiki or have a look at my compile script.

Compile script
cat compile.sh 
#!/usr/bin/env bash
set -e

repo sync -j 16 --force-sync

source build/envsetup.sh
breakfast lineage_FP4-userdebug
mka target-files-package otatools

sign_target_files_apks -o -d ~/.android-certs \
    $OUT/obj/PACKAGING/target_files_intermediates/*-target_files-*.zip \
    signed-target_files.zip

ota_from_target_files -k ~/.android-certs/releasekey \
    --block --backup=true \
    signed-target_files.zip \
    signed-ota_update.zip
2 Likes

looks like we’ve got official support now!

https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/FP4/

11 Likes

No official nightly builds yet, but fingers crossed :blush:

First build will be available once android #51339 is done

6 Likes

Anybody got a step by step of how to migrate from unofficial (mustermann’s) build to official now that they’re available?

I just saw that the FP 4 is now in the supported list from LineageOS 20 (A13). Has anybody tried it?
Does the second camera work?
I would love to try but the FP4 is my only phone and I can’t risk to not be able to use it for a time…
So is it stable, does anything work?

Thanks for your response

Have you overlooked this

FP4 and LineageOS - Participate / Development - Fairphone Community Forum

already epic thread?

Happy New Year!
Thomas

Until an “official topic” was created by the developer, please discuss here.

2 Likes

The install instructions are up on the official lineageos website but the files are not https://download.lineageos.org/FP4

Don’t know if you are aware but the link to downloads it’s now showing internal server error. Did the builds complete ok?

Looking at the details of the build they are filled with issues, don’t know if that’s the cause.

I just saw in the support article for unlocking the bootloader this:
So when I install LineageOS 20 and then I go for some reason back to the original FairphoneOS and when I lock the bootloader, is this a problem? Or how do I have to understand this?

Yes it will most likely be an issue, please read here e.g.

1 Like

I got stuck in this mess, but used an old tool can’t remember what it was called that set everything up so I could install stock. A tool I used to use for my old Oneplus 6.

I found this. I think we must wait

1 Like

If you look, you’ll see the dev/poster of that forum thread on XDA is our very own @mikeNG

Mike, you’re doing sterling work for everyone, Thank you.
My only suggestion is to post updates both here and on XDA, or post in one thread and link to it from the other.

3 Likes

148 posts were split to a new topic: Official Lineage OS 20 FP4 to split as best as possible the official LOS 20 builds from the earlier unofficial builds.