FP4 and (unofficial) LineageOS

I haven’t really an idea, but at least I can contribute some questions. :smiley:

Did you already try another messenger app? Sending SMS is working fine?

Have you been able to receive SMS with the FP4 using the original ROM or did you flash LOS immediately and had an Apple device before?

1 Like

Oh I had this one too !

I can’t really tell what I did, but eventually, it started working, like after a few days…

I did a lot of probably useless stuff such as clearing cache of the application, reflashing LOS, installing then uninstalling alternative SMS app, sending myself a lot of SMS from my own device…

And one morning… I received a whole bunch of SMS at once, and it started working.
Sorry for the imprecise answer, but that’s all I’ve got at this point.

Maybe you could also doublecheck if the phone number of your SMS central* is correct.

*don’t know want it is actually called in English.

Thanks a lot for all this answers. I’ll try to re answer them all in once.
I’m not sure whether I use the phone before I installed LOS or not. Sending SMS definitely works fine. So I think it’s not about the app.
I used LOS before on all my other phone and never had any problems.
@mapfeld How to check or set the number of the “SMS central”? I haven’t found anything related to that.

Using *#*#4636#*#*, you can enter the number entering the top option menu, wait a sending for the menu to load and scroll to the very bottom to the field labeled SMSC. Where this helped me earlier I just saw that I can send SMS without having anything set there.

Good morning!
The problem has been solved by my provider.
If this problem occurs again with someone else, here is the cause.
When I applied for the eSIM, I automatically got a contract with the Multicard option. But only one of these cards can receive SMS. The provider can set which of the cards should receive SMS.

Have a happy day everyone!

7 Likes

Hey @mapfeld,

sorry for the late reaction, I was quite busy in the last weeks.
I have the same issues with the newest build, I couldn’t update using OTA. I hadn’t the time to test flashing it manually, thanks for confirming flashing it via USB does not solve the issue. I will take the broken build offline & rebuild today.

PS: You probably discovered it already, but for others as well: You can configure your eSIM from my build.

Updated from the September 19.1 build to the current 20 build just fine. Did run into one thing which I thought I’d share: the update enabled the always-on display feature which I’d had disabled previously, and removed the toggle for it in settings (although weirdly it still shows up in search). There’s a quick settings tile called “Ambient display” that toggles it off, though.

1 Like

New build is up. Have a merry December!

Download

Ufile.io - 1670690442

sha256sum lineage-20.0-20221210-UNOFFICIAL-FP4.zip recovery-20.0-20221210-UNOFFICIAL-FP4.img 
1d0114879460930344dfefb4d2c459fb75668d18dc6f42d6a7b82a15e3ca7cda  lineage-20.0-20221210-UNOFFICIAL-FP4.zip
46b4757184faf98bc3a0e16d5663276ff2ebac7a3c55e382ad0b199456136b79  recovery-20.0-20221210-UNOFFICIAL-FP4.img
6 Likes

Hmm after flashing I no longer have play services on my device… This is happening every update. What is going on?

Restarted and side-loaded mind the gapps again and this seemed to fix it?! Seems like something with google services gets wiped each time the OS is installed.

That’s normal, you should flash the OS update, reboot to recovery and then flash your Gapps package and any other addons you want.

Interesting, guess this is because of the new partitions? Was never the case when I had my OnePlus 6.

Thank you. Its run perfectly for me

hi there -

trying to build lineageos 20 for the fp4 via the microg4lineageos docker container, i keep running into these errors near the end of the build process:

frameworks/base/services/core/java/com/android/server/pm/ComputerEngine.java:1607: error: cannot find symbol
        Bundle metaData = p.getMetaData();
        ^
  symbol:   class Bundle
frameworks/base/services/core/java/com/android/server/pm/ComputerEngine.java:1663: error: cannot find symbol
                    mPermissionManager.getGrantedPermissions(ps.name, userId)
                                                               ^
  symbol:   variable name
2 errors

is anyone else encountering this, and ideally could provide a fix?

cheers,
t.

… got it solved by switching to the new python build script and - probably more important - by pulling some recent fixes for the signature spoofing patches.

I’ve got a fp4 running lineageos 20 w/ microg and f-droid baked in now, yay \o/
if anyone is interested, please have a look at Index of /stuff/fp4

t.

3 Likes

@mmustermann , based on what is going on in Fairphone owners in the USA (FP2 FP3 FP4) - #187 by lriesebos , could you maybe be so kind to reupload those LOS19.1 files? That would hopefully allow me to test if the new LOS20 image has a regression regarding VoLTE in the US.

@lriesebos here is the latest 19.1 file that is still online. Good luck with testing!

5 Likes

@lriesebos, just saw this commit today: FP4: CarrierConfig: Enable editable_enhanced_4g_lte_bool globally · LineageOS/android_device_fairphone_FP4@7256c67 · GitHub
Your issue might be related to it. Here is a fresh build for you to test.

Download

Ufile.io - 1672244422

sha256sum lineage-20.0-20221228-UNOFFICIAL-FP4.zip recovery-20.0-20221228-UNOFFICIAL-FP4.img 
d4d52fc474cd16a0773c554d5b82fb31ea33f73cf92eedfe5c60c9ece2d9bc35  lineage-20.0-20221228-UNOFFICIAL-FP4.zip
6908feb37f363c95ee0cf397983de8dfb55208f556983ff51614ca583484ac03  recovery-20.0-20221228-UNOFFICIAL-FP4.img
4 Likes

Thanks @mmustermann for keeping an eye open for that commit! MCC 310 is exactly T-Mobile and this commit seems to be the fix for my VoLTE problem! This really makes me happy! Finally I have a fully functional FP4 in the USA running LOS. Thank y’all for your efforts and contributions!

3 Likes

Hello,
I’m trying to build LineageOS 20.0 for myself. For LineageOS 19.1, earlier in this thread, the following roomservice.xml was shared: FP4 and LineageOS - #345 by onlyJakob. I would’ve based my roomservice.xml for LineageOS 20.0 off that, but I’m confused by the lack of a lineage-20.0 branch in the FairBlobs repo. Do the proprietary blobs for LineageOS 20.0 need to be obtained in a different way?

Did I understand correctly, that after setting up the repository, I need to to create the file .repo/local_manifests/roomservice.xml , then re-run repo sync, and after that I can proceed with breakfast and brunch as described on the LineageOS wiki?
Unfortunately I couldn’t find any instructions about how to build for a device that isn’t yet officially supported by LineageOS, so I’m not sure whether I’m doing it correctly.