FP4 and (unofficial) LineageOS

Doesn’t seem to work, just causes boot loops. Tried re-flashing a few times, made sure the latest recovery was installed. Also it doesn’t seem like the latest official fp4 update is on their website yet as I’m guessing it’s firmware issues.

Hey all,

Thanks @mmustermann for tagging me.
That’s right, I am currently actively involved in stabilizing FP3 with respect to the sources and I would be spending at least another 3-4 weeks before I switch my focus to FP4.

That said, I shall check with the team as to what the status of FP4 LineageOS is and will be able to update you all on that.

Thanks.

5 Likes

Hmmm. I could actually flash it without troubles and its up-and-running.

The upgrade worked for me too, otherwise I wouldn’t have published it. Please check that your download didn’t get corrupted by verifying the sha256 hashes.

Unfortunately, I have no idea about Android development, nor do I have the time to acquire any knowledge. All I can do is buy you a coffee.
But as a question to those who might be working on it: do you see any chance of getting the camera to work correctly in LOS, even if Fairphone doesn’t take action?

I always end up in a bootloop trying to get F-Droid and microG running, so it seems I need to build a custom version and include them already. Otherwise, your build worked well beside a well known bug regarding my provider and VoLTE.
edit: The bootloop is nothing new for me trying to get these two running, has probably nothing to do with your build.

A more recent version of the proprietary files should be available here, maybe that’s interesting for your next build:

2 Likes

Thank you. Didn’t know about that repo. Will use it for the next builds.

Update

I discussed with the team and we have a good news!! We are going to go official soon. The sources have been finalized and we’ll be going official soon.

Will keep you updated.

Thanks.

39 Likes

That makes me so unbelievably excited!

Hello! Tut mir leid, ich kann das Englische nicht gut verstehen: Gibt es mittlerweile eine Anleitung für Lineage OS für das FP4?

1 Like

Nein es gibt weiterhin keine offizielle Version. Bzgl Englisch: du kannst den Text z.b. mit Deepl.com übersetzen zum besseren Verständnis

3 Likes

Vielen Dank! Vielleicht ist E-OS dann doch die bessere Variante…

@stefanie1, I am currently utilizing /e/OS. It certainly operates and receives updates adequately frequently. However, I doubt that by any metric it is able to be superior to LineageOS, because much of it continues to be broken across many updates, even its dark-theme, and they have reduced its ability to be customized.

When LineageOS is available, I shall definitely switch to it.

@stefanie1, I believe that you should speak in the language that you are most familiar with, because whereas translators are able to improve, the original content of the message shall not.

Übersetzen Sie diese Nachricht unter http://translate.google.com ins Englische, wenn Sie sich nicht sicher sind, wie.

Has anybody heard some recent news/rumors?

Had to revert from LOS 18.1 to stock ROM two days prior to the announcement of the official LOS 19.1 version and now I’m getting quite unsure if I should still wait for release or install and configure all apps on stock again. Don’t want to do all this just for a couple of days… :smiley:

1 Like

Could come tomorrow, could come at the end of next year.

2 Likes

Another Update

Thanks everyone for your patience.

We are now live!!!
Device: GitHub - LineageOS/android_device_fairphone_FP4
Kernel: GitHub - LineageOS/android_kernel_fairphone_sm7225

The official thread and other details will follow soon.

Thanks.

35 Likes

Nice! Have to test it soon.

I’m by the way still working on getting the stock camera functional on LOS.
My changes are currently based on LOS 18.1 device tree but I’m optimistic that it will also work on LOS 19.1. The only thing still not working for me is EIS video stabilization. But high res mode, auto HDR etc, smooth transition between Normal Lens & Wide Angle all seem to work now.

Would it be an option to include the the stock FPCamera app once it’s stable in favor of AOSP Camera2? It needs to be installed as system app due to SYSTEM_CAMERA permissions so it’s not really feasible as an optional add-on.

9 Likes

Thank you for all your hard work! Can’t wait for the official build!! Are they still running over the weekend?

This is the place to have an eye on, I think:

3 Likes