FP3 went off and doesn't want to start anymore

Hi all :slight_smile:

I’m the happy owner of a FP3+ since 2-3 years (don’t really remember) and I hadn’t big issues since 2 days ago. Indeed, at some point, my phone simply went off by itself and I wasn’t able to make it start again. 10 minutes before I was using it with ~60% of battery without any issue and then I locked it and I was never able to make it live again :frowning:

I first thought about a battery issue. I tried to charge it, but no reaction from the phone (no light on the top, nothing). I decided then to order a new battery. I received it this morning and… Exactly the same ! Trying to charge it does not have any effect.

The charger cables I’m using worked, si I guess that the problem is not coming from there.

Now, I don’t really know what to look at. I disassembled the phone to clean it. It didn’t change anything. I assume that the 2 batteries I have have some energy so it should be OK to show a sign of life, but there is nothing. I’m now thinking that it could be the bottom module, but as it’s just a guess, I would prefer to get advices from the community before buying every single module while it could be a more serious problem :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance!
Cheers,
Marc

Hi and welcome to the forum.

The FP3+ hasn’t been out for 2 years and is still under warranty if you haven’t been swimming with it etc.

You can check the batteries they will need around 3.8V to operate the phone for a while.

Can you also find a fairphoneangel near you that may be able to assist?

https://forum.fairphone.com/t/the-fairphone-angels-program-and-map-local-support-by-community-members/33058/2

2 Likes

Yes, you’re right! I didn’t think about the warranty.

Thanks! I’ll keep you posted if I get any interesting info from that problem :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @AblionGE !
I have exactly the same problem at the moment.
Did you find a solution ?
This morning I opened it and cleaned all the small parts and it started again for 2/3 seconds… so I will try to do it again with more precision…
Have a good day !

1 Like

Hi @ManonR ,
As it was still under Guarantee, I sent and received it back without any explanation on what was the issue, sadly. They proceeded to a full reset so I don’t know if they changed the main part, or just one (but I know that the screen is still the same).
Sorry for not being able to help further !
Have a nice weekend!

1 Like

Yes! Part of the testing requires a factory reset to ensure it isn’t a software fault, but it is all working fine ?

1 Like

thank you for your answer !

Yep, no more issue :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.