FP3 vs FP2 autonomy and durability?

Hey all

Although I have been deeply disappointed about the poor quality of the FP2’s hardware, I still want to give another chance to Fairphone. Because I support the clean business and believe that they keep on improving from their previous dysfunctions.

Let’s be more specific. I have been replacing EVERY part of my FP2 due to dysfunctions in two years. Some of them 2 times already. No need to mention about the battery autonomy.

I really hope that the FP3 fixed those issues and would like to know :

Is there a statistic about the FP3 autonomy compared to FP2 ?

Thanks for any reply from the FP staff :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For a reply from FP staff you probably should try the support, as they happen to pass by in this forum only irregularly.
And right now they will be in too deep in media, answering questions and handling orders and production and shipping of the FP3.

Btw.
What do you mean by “autonomy”?
Designwise, the FP3 will be way more reliable and sturdy than the FP2.
Please check just the reviews available on techcrunch.com and engadget.com for an exemplification.

I would not expect any statistics for the FP3 to exist right now.
On what should they be based?
Not on practical use or user experience, that’s for sure.
And any results from the testing-phase might be inaccurate, as they were likely used to change the phone for the better. (Finally they sure were good enough to make FP go and sell it. :wink: )

5 Likes

Hi BertG and thanks for your fast reply.

The time we can use the phone with a full charge, according to predefined standards by the manufacturer. For example, Samsung provides some numbers which may give you a global idea and compare their products according to the results.
See here for example : Fiche Technique Samsung Galaxy S10 | Samsung FR

I hope that they did some basic check of the phone prior to launching it to the market.

So … the FP3 battery has a larger capacity, but may also need more energy to run the new hardware. That’s why I’d like to see some basic stats (like other manufacturer do) to check if the autonomy is going to be better than the previous one.

1 Like

The battery has more capacity and the SoC needs less of it, not only because of its big.LITTLE design and overall lower clocks but also because its lithography is two full nodes ahead of the Snapdragon 801’s (28 nm vs 14 nm).

5 Likes

That’s good to know ! Thanks for this information. So potentially it will likely have a better autonomy than the previous version.

regarding battery autonomy, some experiments came out in this thread which might be relevant here:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.