FP3 Sudden Death

I experienced the same thing last week - sudden death with no response since. Currently awaiting on acknowledgement of the issue from Fairphone via the contact form. By the sounds of it, it’ll be a toss up between ‘take it on the chin and pay for repairs’ or get a new phone …

1 Like

Yes same as me. Just heard back from Fairphon, took one week for a response. This was the reply:

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your device. If the device is not showing any led lights or signs of charging, I believe the the best course of action is to repair your Fairphone 3.

Your Fairphone 3 was delivered to you more than 2 years ago, thus the manufacturing warranty on it has expired and no longer covers repairs or replacements.

In this situation, you have the following options.

### Option 1 - Send your device to our repair center at your own cost.

For more information consult the repair price list and FAQ on our website.

The repair center will diagnose and provide a quotation. If rejected we will:

• Send the device back (we will charge between €25 - €35 for Assessment & handling costs)
  • Recycle the device free of charge.

Shipping costs are separate and vary by country. Read more about shipping costs);

### Option 2 - Try to repair the device yourself

We sell spare parts for all of our products for as long as possible. You can check where key components are located in which spare part in our repair price list and FAQ.

### Option 3 - Try to repair the device locally.

If you would like to ask other Fairphone customers about local repair shops they can recommend, I welcome you to have a look at our Community Forum.

### Option 4 - Recycle (and Upgrade?)

It’s also possible to recycle your Fairphone 3 via our Reuse & Recycle Program. We’ll then give your Fairphone the chance for a second life – or recycle its components in an eco-responsible way. In return, we’ll offer you a gift card for our online shop. You can use it towards buying a new Fairphone. Want to learn more about recycling? Please visit our Reuse & Recycle page or visit the Reuse & Recycle FAQ.

Good to know: thanks to our ongoing quality improvements, the Fairphone 5 currently comes with an Extended warranty.

3 Likes

Hi,
Before committing yourself to sending device back to Fairphone (cost of assessment, UK delivery, battery & bottom module ~ 150GBP), I am in the UK and have a boxed second FP3 with updated camera modules available. I would include a spare new bottom module for peace of mind. As you now have a “Basic user” badge you can use the use the “Blue Message” rectangle to communicate by personal message if desired.

Thanks. I’ve already bought a battery- just need to check if I’ve committed myself to the repair route, FP are not exactly being quick! Will message you re price- sustainability is a major worry for me (it’s my professional sector) so repair always comes before replace, but yes an existing phone as replacement is better than buying a new one.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.