FP3 protective case in smurf blue (s. 2021) + NEW 2023: MOSS GREEN

This just in :slight_smile:

https://shop.fairphone.com/en/accessories/fairphone-3-protective-case-blue

10 Likes

And where are all the other nice colours??? :zipper_mouth_face: especially signal red, orange and yellow :grin:
A little bit disappointed :disappointed:
Why not pink with yellow dots?? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

new color brings new feature: now 100% from recycled source!

6 Likes

well well - 100 % recycled sources - but pre-consumer recycled material. Can’t wait to see 100 % post-consumer recycled material. :smiley:

3 Likes

this could be the next milestone! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

But where’re the “Made with 37% biomaterials and non-toxic plastic” tokens as in the green and black cases? I’m more interested in non toxic than recyclable.

The black FP3 Protective Case now bears a “100% recycled” label, too.

7 Likes

So black and blue will do
Just don’t be seen with green!

1 Like

I am very happy that they did the blue one, as for me that is the fairphone colour (have never seen it on other phones) so a good signal. But what is the reason for the high price? Did they explainbefore?
40 € for the case and then 9 € for “shipping” from NL to D. That seems a lot, even for 100 % recycled non-toxic.

Yes in relative terms it is a lot for a piece of plastic and shipping ??

There no acceptable reason for what happens in the consumer world. Just have to accept that each of us consumes and are being consumed.

Hopefully most of the ‘money’ goes to offset ‘first world affluence’ to pay the ‘labourers’ Some hope, I hope.

No reasons are sensible, but my dreams are the only thing I can sustain without using others.

All the best.

You can’t compare those parts to cheaply and with child labor made Chinese parts you can buy online or at a flea market. It’s the same as with the phone itself. We have to pay for the efforts Fairphone is doing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Surprise! Another new colour: MOSS GREEN

All four FP3 protective case colour options:

These cases all fit the FP3 and the FP3+ as well, of course.

5 Likes

Great! For some reason, the logo in this new cover remembers me to the original Fairphone translucent back cover :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Saving the planet by not using paint.

It’s a bit odd as the FP3 is not being sold anymore, so looks like it could be a lot of waste :cry:

I think the more flexible white lettering on the (black, bright green and smurf blue) FP3 protective cases didn’t peel off like the stiffer lettering on the FP2 slim case did, so I don’t think that’s the reason. Perhaps just a bit of saving costs.
My speculation is that the remaining supply of FP3 protective cases wasn’t that big anymore (my guess: bright green to sell out first) and they wanted to keep at least one non-black FP3 protective case on stock for some time to come (and black and blue might not last that long either). Producing it from the same material as the FP4 green protective case might have economic advantages for Fairphone, plus the bright green FP3 case never went to 100 % recycled.

1 Like

Such a nice colour! And maybe this colour will not turn ugly so fast compared to blue and bright green :slight_smile: