FP3: my order just got delayed by one month! from mid Sep. to mid Oct. to early Nov

Perhaps they sold out the first batch they ordered.
As of today it’s available in the mobilcom-debitel online shop.

I bought my FP3 on Thursday 29th August at 11:30 shipping early October.
Today I received a mail telling shipping second-half of October.
"Due to high demand and challenges in the supply chain, we are facing an unforeseen shipping delay on your order. We apologize for the inconvenience. "

1 Like

But they still offer “Pre-Order” and “Local stores” on their shop-page; at least on the english and the german one.
Just thought, that the possibility to order was gone completely again, like it was five days ago.

All orders meant to be delivered mid-September were postponed to mid-October.
Therefore it seems, that they will (or at least plan to) start by mid October. Seems the shipping shall than be faster than initially prognosed, as the delay is shorter on orders for early October.
That’s good!
Hopefully, they will be up to the initial plan soon.

My post followed the others about the german store Vireo. I wasn’t talking about other resellers or Fairphones own shop.

1 Like

Sure, silly me.
I should have read more carefully.

did the first batch of FP3 already get shipped? when I ordered it two weeks ago, it told me mid of October, now it’s saying end of November, if I’m right. does that mean, that the first orders got shipped already or does that mean that every order will be delayed till End of November or whatever Month it will be then?

cheers

Yes, the first FP3 were already delivered.

As addition to what @TobiasF has written:
The first ones seem to have shipped by a French reseller on Sep-10.

But just for resellers, not for the directly delivered by Fairphone. I ordered mine on August 27th (the day it was announced) and it was supossed to be delievered at mid-september, but we received a mail announcing us that the order was delayed until mid-october (more info in this thread).

Some people bought the phone in a reseller and they’re already enjoying their phone (you can read about it in this thread or even watch some photos taken with the FP3 here) :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If Fairphone gave you a delivery time of mid-October, then this is still in effect for your order, until Fairphone tells you otherwise via e-mail.

If you would buy right now from Fairphone directly, the shop page says they would ship mid-November apparently.

And as was pointed out here already, resellers have the phone in stock already, and a growing number of resellers at that.

Edit: Here’s a list …

2 Likes

oh wow. just googled it and I could have bought it just in another online store for the same price and with “better” shipping conditions? fairphone changed it’s reseller conditions I take it. [OT]

It actually did so in the past, too. In 2017, Fairphone was out of stock (either the factory or a supplier did not deliver on promised volumes) for seven months or so while a few resellers still had stock. I guess it’s the “price” Fairphone needs to pay for the significantly wider visibility on the market that resellers provide.

1 Like

I don’t think, that they have changed their conditions.
Resellers do sell lots of other stuff as well. Therefore they have their own policy on costs for shipping and handling. While there are stores that deliver for free, when you shopping cart reeaches certain value, others charge by weight and still others have a fixed shipping costs. To them it’s a mixed calculation based on their whole business. And then the stores do regularly charge differend shipping costs depending of the country of delivery.

Fairphone does sell their stuff only and they deliver all over Europe at the same price.
If you check the countries, there are a lot, where there is no reseller; so you only have the option to buy from Fairphone or one of the resellers in another country that is shipping to your country.

Insofar I would guess, that Fairphone is charging their own costs for shipping and handling; and the - fairly - make it the same price for everyone, no matter if they ship inside the Netherlands or to Greece or Finland.

Reseller memolife interestingly was counting down the delivery time day by day when I checked a few times … until today, when they went from “1 - 3 work days” to “max. 3 weeks”.

You can order again from Vireo, delivery time 5 - 7 work days.

Still available online (not in stores).

1 Like

I also had the “Rhenus prepare shipment” status for weeks, but it changed back to “Processing” now.
Payment confirmation received on 30. Aug and no delay email so far. But I still do not believe in the early Oct shipping date in my order confirmation.
Better be patient :slight_smile:

My order still shows “Rhenus …”, but I ordered August 27th, so maybe your order was moved to the next batch or the batch is not as large as anticipated? Might be something with Rhenus as well?
Better prepare for no sooner than mid October, like all the others, who received the delay-mail. :wink:

1 Like

I ordered on August 29th and my account says: Rhenus prepare shipment.

I ordered in the first 30min or so and also still got the Rehnus status.

1 Like

Ordered mine on 03/09, I have Rhenus prepare status as well

Vireo shop says that their first batch was smaller than expected. They seem to deliver to mid-September pre-orders by now :slight_smile:

1 Like