FP3: my order just got delayed by one month! from mid Sep. to mid Oct. to early Nov

I ordered my FP3 with mobilcom debitel 2 weeks ago.
Because they said it would be instantly deliverable, I called their support after about a week, since then they say “call back in 2 days, we should have it by then”.

Is someone waiting for their order as well or has an idea how long it could take?
I just sold my old phone so it would become problematic if they continue this wait…

I moved your post here.
As you can read here, people who ordered from Fairphone directly on day 1 had delivery delayed to mid October.
Resellers are different, but at least some resellers had delays, too.

If you’re desperate, try to confirm with resellers whether they really have it in stock, then order there and cancel your order with mobilcom.

Here’s a list …

2 Likes

I also orderd from mobilcom debitel on monday. However the status of shipment has not changed since then. it still says “preparing to ship”. Please write here if your status changes or if you call them again

I ordered mine on the Fairphone website just a few minutes after it was announced.
And still have the Rhenus preparing shipment status.
My fairphone2 is dying (bottom module is again not working). So I’d love to have an update - is this a matter of a few days or weeks?
And if the latter, is there a chance we can cancel orders? I need a working phone, I can’t spend another couple of weeks with a dysfunctional one waiting for my order to be shipped…

3 Likes

They send me the tracking number today, they actually sent it wednesday, and it’s arriving today :slight_smile:

Though, I ordered it two weeks ago, so yours might be different.
I got told on the phone around 78 other people are waiting for their order of a Fairphone 3 on mobilcom.

1 Like

You might be interested in this bottom module as it also increases the resale value of your FP2 (from non-working bottom module to working one)

3 Likes

You could write customer support that you want to cancel your order - and then order with debitel instead. This shouldn’t be a problem as you can also return the phone 14 days after delivery.

1 Like

Question is … do mobilcom-debitel really have stock?

So, if Fairphone can still meet the mid October shipping date in effect right now (until they would say otherwise), would you wait significantly less with a reseller now?

1 Like

Shipped! Ordered on the website, timeframe expected was “late october”. I have received an email that begins with: “Your Fairphone 2 is arriving” :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yesterday got the message the phone was on its way (sooner than expected, mid October) and got it today :slight_smile:

All at Fairphone: you can be proud of the product. It feels way more solid than the FP 2. It feels like a leap forward from the FP2. Returning my FP2 soon (defect on left side of the screen, and battery is not optimal anymore after 3 3/4 years). It was worth waiting for the FP3! The only drawback some people will have is its size (almost as big as an iPhone 11 Max). I’m happy with my new phone :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Ordered in the first 20 minutes, still got the Rhenus status.

5 Likes

Payment confirmation on day 1 here, also not shipped yet.
From the pre-ordering support page:

“We expect to start shipping mid-October 2019, depending on the payment date of the order.”

Well, “depending” does not mean they would have to ship exactly in the order of confirmed payments, but one has to wonder …

3 Likes

Same here. Payment accepted at 13:48 on August 27th (the day that FP3 was announced). My last notification was a mail saying that the shipping was delayed until mid-October…

Maybe it depends on the country where it has to be sent? (I’m from Spain). Or maybe it depends on the items that you purchased? (I mean, I also bought the charger and the USB-C cable…)

3 Likes

It’s on the way! Just received my tracking code… :grin::grinning:

6 Likes

Great!
Have you ordered it with or without cable/charger?

Edit - For reference : still the same “preparing shipment” status. Ordered from Austria and with cable and charger.

1 Like

I ordered it without anything in addition on the very first day.

2 Likes

Seems to be arriving soon…?! :smiley:

:sunny: :smile:

1 Like

It seems you don’t have the charger or cable included in your order neither. I’m still “Rhenus prepare shipment”, so I guess the charger or the cable is slowing down our orders :thinking:

1 Like

I think you are right. @Mixigodo

I ordered the “Fairphone charger” two days later as a separated order, because of an error on my part. so that delivery is still “Rhenus prepare shipment” !

1 Like

Seems, like the charger is making a difference, as those reporting delivery stated, they did not order one.

2 Likes