[FP3] Fairphone 3 incredibly laggy when unplugged (/e/OS)

After installing /e/OS on my Fairphone 3 I noticed that it is very laggy when unplugged. Choosing High Performance in the Battery settings only drains the battery more and only helps until the next reboot.

After a few minutes of research I found a similar forum post that said that the latest update fixed it. However this was back in the “Android 9 days” and the issue is there (again?).

Any help or fixes?

1 Like

Hi, I have the same problem in my brand new Fairphone 3+ I bought it with eOS preinstalled. The laggy scrolling is very tiring and annoying.

I didn’t have this problem in my old Fairphone3 in which I installed eOS two years ago myself and great help of a Fairphone angel.

I really love Fairphone and eOS, but I really hope there is a way to somehow fix this problem. Thank you.

Just to clarify as the title includes ‘when unplugged’ does this occur only in such situations and seems a software issue.

If that is the case have you contacted the vendor and asked at the e foundation forum

for example

Thank you. The problem is both when the phone is connected and deconnected.
I’ve just contacted the vendor Esolutions. I very much hope they know a way to fix this. As soon as I have a solution I will post it here.

1 Like

Hi again, the issue will be fixed with /e/ OS 0.18 (the next version that will come out soon). The team included a custom perf config (or something ??) and the issue is fixed. For reference, see:

(it still seems laggy on the video but thats because of screen recording, which is never smooth)

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.