FP3 A.0134, Android9 OS update, security patch level June 5, 2020

Just in on an FP3 that never had a SIM card inserted (or at least not in the last 9-10 months).

Software FP3 A.0134
Size: 86.95 MB
Security patch level: 5th of June, 2020

5 Likes

Screenshot_20200730-135215(1)

After the update I have a new icon in the status bar.
It’s an indicator for Wifi calling, right?

5 Likes

I mean I’ve been using wifi calling since I got my FP3 and that was a different icon. It may have changed of course, but could this be VoLTE?

[Edit] this may be to show wifi calling is active, as opposed to being on a wifi call…

Interestingly it has changed now and in the same spot I see “HD” instead, whatever that means.

Ok, there we go!

When you’re connected to VoLTE you’ll get the HD icon, and when you’re connected to WiFi calling, you’ll get the other.

4 Likes

Thanks for clearing that up, Chris! :smiley:

No worries.

Now I just want visual voicemail activated and I’m set haha

Does anyone know how I can hide this icon / icons in general? It permanently catches my attention when something changes in the status bar… and now the status bar constantly jumps around. very annoying.

2 Likes

Search in the Settings for “System icons”, there you should be able to turn them off.

Unfortunately I get “no results” when searching for “system icons”… My phone is set to English, did you by any chance translate the words into English?

Try “symbols” … but the settings I got were greyed out and could not be changed.

Sorry, I thought this was a generic part of Android … seems specific to LineageOS or /e/ then.

1 Like

Don’t worry. It would have been too easy :slight_smile:

I also found a greyed out setting which seemed promising “hide status bar icons”. Too bad we cannot change it…

1 Like

Too bad that public unencrypted WiFi is still not connecting at all when in flight mode :((( when will this get addressed? Please fix this at last! thanks.

Write to the support.

2 Likes

https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

1 Like

I was wondering what this was. I assume HD and wifi calling are essentially the same thing, just with wifi or mobile data? Or does HD cover both wifi and mobile, to differentiate from SIM cards that can’t VoLTE, which then get the ancient analog phone symbol?

I also looked into the system notifications and it seems you can’t remove it. Googling results in many people with the same frustration across many manufacturers, so this seems like “do no evil” Google torturing us with useless information. (small joke/jibe @ the goog)

According to information on Wikipedia, there are multiple codecs for VoLTE:

When the carrier supports the most effective codec named Voice HD, which is one for VoLTE, the symbol on top shows “HD”.

4 Likes

Can you dump the partitions for FP3 A.0134 and post them here, so we can flash it ourselves?

1 Like

I started to have random reboots shortly after installing this patch. Has anyone else have the same problem?