FP3 A.0124, Android9 OS update, security patch level June 5, 2020

There’s reports about the June security patch. Let’s share them here.

Topic started from FP3 A.0120, Android9 OS update, security patchlevel April 5th, 2020 - #24 by fidelious

Checked manually, no update for me.

I’m with Youfone (KPN network) in The Netherlands.

1 Like

Using a SIM from a terminated hollandsnieuwe contract, and connected to WiFi, I just DID get A.0124 :upside_down_face:

@arminzi reports he’s received a new update A.0124. Anyone else? I cannot retrieve it myself yet, so I might either have to wait a little longer … or perhaps it’s provider (Vodafone) specific? (No SIM card here)

I have just manually triggered the update check and I don’t get a new version. I’m not with any of the providers that in the past had problems with updates.

2 Likes

I received it yesterday as well. I’m also a Vodafone customer.

It seems to just contain the June 2020 security pack

3 Likes

No A.0124 update for me so far. Telekom.de contract.

2 Likes

I also received A.0124 (I think it was yesterday), german Vodafone SIM

2 Likes

I received A.0124, too. Vodafone Germany.

1 Like

I moved the respective posts to this topic here.

1 Like

Note: hollandsnieuwe belongs to Vodafone Netherlands.

Still no update here. So far I have only seen people with Vodafone SIMs getting the update.

1 Like

It’s a compensation for the Vodafone users which had to wait so long for the last update, so they are made the first ones this time! :rofl:
just joking

10 Likes

No Update for Tchibo Mobil Users in Germany. (Tchibo mobil uses the O2/Telefonica Network)

1 Like

I received A.0124, too. Vodafone Germany.

1 Like

cmon people, where be details? where is the release notes or the release text, size, how you fetched it, what os release you came from previously and many other things. build number and build date in “about phone” also click on the “Android 9” area to make it show more kernel and security level stuff. Please post proper extensive infos for the community. Thanks.

1 Like

Hello @abittner, A.0124 contains, at least, as the subject suggests: An update to Google Android 9, June 5th 2020 security release. More details are available directly from Google: https://source.android.com/security/bulletin/2020-06-01 (includes a chapter specifically for 2020-06-05)

Seems that Vodafone users are first this time? I could hence imagine that at least next release will be sent also to Vodafone users plus also others, containing same fixes.

1 Like

It is 86.50 MB. Not much other info in the notification

Can someone who got this update run adb logcat and search for fairphone_fp3_fp3 in the output (I guess this only works if done not too long after getting the notification) ?

That would give an OTA url and we could have a closer look at the contents, and try whether it is possible to apply to this a normal A.0120 image.

4 Likes

Can confirm that Vodafone Users were the first one. Put in an old Vodaphone Prepaid Card (inactive) an switched to WLAN on with Fligt Mode (others Networks off), immediately the Update was there to install. Maybe Telekom Users have a bit longer to wait for it… It could be useful to collect some old SIM Cards from Providers in different Phone Networks…

I have Telekom and Tchibo and stuck at A.0120. Why can’t i geht the Update to A.0124? This is a SECURITY Update and not a just-for-fun Update!

1 Like