FP3 A.0118, Android9 OS update, security patchlevel April 5th, 2020

Your trick to try without a SIM didn’t work for me.
With my SIM from Youfone (KPN network NL) I also don’t succeed to in getting the update.

1 Like

Update just received! The led notification works fine but I would like to understand the colors, is there a legend or something similar?

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t get the update with Vodafone SIM in slot 1 enabled. As soon as I disable them and only have the T-Mobile SIM active in slot 2, I get the update.

1 Like

The color is usually being set by the app that uses this notification mechanism. Often, the devs would stick to their brand / UI colors here; Signal for example uses blue like in its app icon.

1 Like

…but mostly you can change the led color within the app settings.
e.g. for signal: Settings -> Notifications -> LED color

1 Like

Hallo Urs,

Das Update ging nicht mit der Vodafonesim Karte… mit der D1 Prepaid Karte sofort.

Gruss

Armin

1 Like

The LED blinking is a great addition and it mostly works. I did notice a bug in it yesterday when a few Whatsapp messages came in. I ignored them as I was eating. When the first message arrived, the LED started to twinkle green. Half a minute later another message arrived and the twinkling then stopped? Before I’d finished eating, a further two messages came but the LED didn’t start to twinkle again. I will see it if can be repeated and report it as a bug if so.

Hey guys, could someone who already updated to April Update A.0118 help me out? I need the unmodified stock boot.img to get back to a bootable state (I confused my boot.img versions when patching for Magisk and now I don’t have the original file anymore). Could someone send or link it to me? You can extract it via TWRP backup (boot.emmc.win).

Thanks! Whatsapp shows a multicolor notification, it seems that the led programming is very flexible

Those are just the vocal outliers. There are probably a lot of people who don’t care. You don’t hear (much) from them.

Personally, I had a different notification LED on WhatsApp for different (important) people. Not sure if I can do that with Signal as well? I missed it, but its a minor nuisance.

replying to myself: as of today, the two crashing apps from my previous post, are today now working without any crashes.

in the mean time only some apps had been updated via wifi, carrier services, some google apps. not these two crashing apps.

i guess it all depended on some low layers of possibly gapps or some other components google play store and its libraries are using and auto updating without the normal user levels noticing at all.

1 Like

I have the same problem. This is just amazing. I can’t imagine how a provider can block an update that implements security updates. Security should really come first, and these providers don’t seem to have their priorities straight :confused:

Hello @QuiaAbsurdum,

I’m afraid you’re quite wrong here. It is an agreement between Fairphone and the provider to work in a specific way. This process didn’t work out and for the current issue it is not necessarily the providers’ problem. Still I understand you, but I’d like to ask you to be patient and I hope that in the future things work out better.

3 Likes

Hi @urs_lesse, did you try the manual update? Would love to hear your results before trying myself…

Thx!

Yes, and unfortunately it refused to work. :frowning:

1 Like

Update has arrived also for Vodafone users: 🇩🇪 Update A.0120 kam über Vodafone

3 Likes

Hi
was there any answer?

Klaus

No but it ended up not being the wrong boot.img anyway. TWRP factory reset did not create a working data partition for me. Had to simply use the stock recovery factory reset.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.