FP3 A.0111, Android9 OS update, security patchlevel February 5th, 2020

For the adventurous (or maybe impatient) among us: is there a way to manually install the update? (Suffering from the Bluetooth vulnerability doesnā€™t feel right :wink:)

I saw the update ZIP on offer higher up in this thread. . . my understanding is that I will need to unlock my bootloader and install TWRP to install that ZIP. Am I right?

Actually not, this is the official update zip. But the version of your device has to be A.0105 for this one.

1 Like

OK, thx, my FP3 is on A.0110 (Jan 5), so the ZIP is not for me.

But with Version A.0105 I could use this zip by using twrp? Or which way is the right one?

Does this .zip file combine the two most recent updates? Iā€™m asking because A.0105 is not the previous one, but the one before the previous one (A.0110). And then this .zip file is much bigger than the one (A.0111) currently offered through the update functionality in the phone settings.

Here is how to do it : https://www.thecustomdroid.com/sideload-ota-update-stock-recovery-adb/

And yes, it combines the two updates. It is the A0111 patch for A0105 :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The updates are incremental and will update from the respectively installed version.

Here are the images of A.0111 : https://androidhost.org/aJQNqX2

3 Likes

this link does not work

Works for me.
Scrolled down and used the ā€œDownloadā€ button there, then used the ā€œhereā€ link because the download didnā€™t start automatically probably because of blocked trackers.

Firefox wont do it, chrome says ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

i check my piholeā€¦

edit:
ok my pihole blocked itā€¦

I used Firefox 74.0 on Windows 10 Pro 1909 with Privacy Badger for blocking trackers.
Perhaps some Add-on involved?

no no, pihole is a adblocker that runs on a raspberrypi zero and trows all my dns requests against 700000 ads / tracker urls etc.

had to disable it, now link and download works

I tried it both ways (via SD-Card an ADB, but it wouldnā€™t workā€¦ :neutral_face:

You should check your current version (via adb with adb shell getprop ro.product.build.fingerprint)

I flashed pigpigs images via fastboot to slot a (coming from version 0110 on slot b) rebooted, works out of the box! Of course i had to reflash magisk. thx

2 Likes

I used now the Telekom SIM (German) card from my girlfriend.

Immediately I got the notification, that there is an update available.

Very annoying for Vodafone (1und1 D-Netz) users like meā€¦ :unamused:

2 Likes

Should I put in a request with Vodafone or Fairphone or both? I read the posts about doing it yourself but itā€™s all Chinese to me (I know the expression is Greek, but I have an excellent command of ancient Greek).

1 Like

Already done!
Hereā€™s one of the anwsers I received:

Jan 9, 10:44 CET

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for the screenshot. I just noticed that your SIM card is from Orange and this is probably the reason why the update is not available yet for you.
I would advise contacting Orange directly since they have a different update that they push.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

When I told them I didnā€™t purchase my FP3 through Orange and therefore it wasnā€™t their job to update y phone, I got a nice answer saying the problem was ā€œmoved upā€ but that it wouldnā€™t be on the top of their list for quite a timeā€¦

1 Like

When I read this, I get the feeling that they have a little weird priorities. They fix unnecessary stuff like G00gle Pay (where you have obviously good and even privacy respecting alternatives) but rolling out critical system updates is not on top of their list. Here in Germany Vodafone is afaik the 2nd largest provider, so I assume that quite a few people are affected by that. I thought the awareness regarding IT security risks has increased meanwhile, maybe I was wrong.

I also wrote to their support and I suggest everyone who is affected to do the same. Maybe it moves on top of their list then.