FP2 touch screen not working

My FP2 was working fine, and today touch screen suddenly doesn’t work at all. I’ve tried a lot of things to fix it but nothing works. Also a strange pattern appear on the screen.

Any suggestion?

What did you try?

Did you dis- and reassemble the screen and clean the connectors?

Yes! dis and reassemble, clean connectors, remove battery for some hours… What else should I try?

Only 3 replies? I hope yours now works! My FP2 screen has also just locked after a fresh charge. I’m hoping I can find the ‘remove screen and clean the connections’ instructions somewhere - with a bit more chat traffic too.

This is a community forum, if you have expectations about Fairphone answering your request you should contact them directly.

There’s a good tutorial on iFixit, as indicated on this support page but here you are :

• Turn off your phone
  • Remove the back cover of the phone
  • Remove the battery
  • Slide the two blue pieces on the bottom of the phone inwards
  • While firmly grasping the bottom part of your phone (the white part), push the screen part (black) upwards slightly while making sure it doesn’t land on the ground
  • The screen should be easy to remove now.

You should now have two parts that look like the following image. Clean the parts I circled in red with a dry towel (not too abrasive so a soft one might be better)

Then put your phone back together by undoing what I said in my bullet points. If it still doesn’t work you should contact Fairphone’s support, either by telephone, or using this webpage (expect long delays).

5 Likes

Similar problem, either got blank screen, or lots of lines. Took screen off and many thanks to ideas in this forum - the ruller to push against worked, and now working. But a worry, if this keeps happening?

I did this several times now.
Unfortunately my phone shows this issues especcially on cold temperatures.
When I hold it warm and cosy the issues get better (but never vanish completely)
I cleand the phone several times now (I think 10-12 times) I started witz cleaning in an 2 week intervall and now I need to disassemple my phone on an daily basis to make it work.
For the time being the phone is not usable for me - as I’m a heavy user. It is very unwelcome that I sometimes can not take calls and can not answer my Emails for hours before I have the opportunity to clean the phone again.

Yesterday I have organized another mobile phone for daily use. The FP2 is not usable for me while this issue is ongoing. I think I’ll send it in for repair…

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.