FP2 switches itself off during overnight charge

My FP2 switches itself off during overnight charges and the phone cannot be restarted using the on button. Only after removing the battery I can turn it back on. This is annoying as I miss the alarm clock in the morning…

Your problem might be related to this: FP2 random reboots - see #rebootsguide for help
So you could try the following workarounds: Disable 4G (set it to 3G/2G only). For me it worked, no more reboots so far. Other people reported reboots while charging, when the FP2 is just about to reach 100%. Maybe you could charge your phone in the evening, so you can observe it or avoid that it reaches the critical percentage. You could also try another USB cable and/or charger…

Ah! Happening to me. It’s a hang, rather than a reboot. Could be related though I guess. It’s not reliably replicable for that test.

Has anyone noticed this?

I usually put my phone into priority notifications only and on charge over night when I go to sleep. Twice now I’ve woken up to find that my FP2 has completely hung overnight, requiring me to hold down the power button for about 10 seconds to get it to reboot. When it reboots it’s on full battery so it’s not a problem with me failing to plug it in properly.

Being as I used my phone as my alarm clock, this is somewhat of a major problem! The first time I put it down to something I did, but it happened again last night. :flushed:

Your problem might be related to this: FP2 random reboots - see #rebootsguide for help
So you could try the following workarounds: Disable 4G (set it to 3G/2G only). For me it worked, no more reboots so far. Other people reported reboots while charging, when the FP2 is just about to reach 100%. Maybe you could charge your phone in the evening, so you can observe it or avoid that it reaches the critical percentage. You could also try another USB cable and/or charger…

(Originally answer by @Irina_Spitznagel in thread ‘FP2 switches itself off during overnight charge’

Hmm. They aren’t reboots, they are full on hangs (I have to hold the power button for ages to get it to start up, so I’m assuming it’s crashed with the screen off.)

I do see the old reboot (4-5 in the 2 months I’ve had it). I’m kinda used to these crashes, my FP1 did it all the time (usually in the first 5 seconds of a call :confused: ) i was assuming it was just Android being a bit naff… but it never did this over night hang thing.

I wonder if it’s related to the charging over night.
Could you charge in the evening and see if then your phone is hanging/crashing over night?

I’ll give it a go, but it doesn’t always do it, so it’s hard to test. It’s happened twice in 2 months. but that’s enough to make me want to go and buy an alarm clock!

Am I able to merge this into the other thread that I missed?

This morning, when the alarm was supposed to ring, my FP2 made a weird, monotonous sound, approx. 3 seconds, and then restarted.
I’d had it charged overnight, and the charger was still connected at the time of the crash.