FP2 stops working each time i go abroad

Each time I go abroad (went to Spain, France and last time was Cuba) I encounter the following bugs :

• The wallpaper disappears and is replaced by the wallpaper on the picture I enclosed
  • I can’t call someone.
  • I can send SMS but they seem to be send a big number of times (but the money isn’t taken off for each of them). For example I send a message, and if I check the conversation with the person whom i sent it, there will be 7,10, 23 or more SMS written instead of just one.(In the picture you see next to the names of the people, the number of times a new sms has been received. Ex : Irène 59, Raffaella Libotte 382 etc…)
  • The same for the answers : I receive 30 times the SMS someone sent me only once.
  • The camera stops working after having taken 1 or 2 pictures o a video and the message " the camera has been dismissed" (or something similar) appears.
  • The message “Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped” appears each 3 minutes (or more, or less).

When I come back home in Switzerland everything’s fine… I don’t really know anything about how the phone works, so can someone indicate me some solutions or advice?
Thanks you!

I changed your forum trust level from “new user” to “basic user”, so now you should be able to attach pictures.

This probably the reason why you also experience:

As you mention this only happens when you are abroad, it sounds a lot like this problem:
https://forum.fairphone.com/t/com-android-phone-has-stopped-when-roaming-with-2nd-sim-fixed-with-1-2-8/12606
So, check whether you’re running the latest version, and/or whether you have only a single SIM which is in slot 2.

As for these:[quote=“Stella_Ruffieux, post:1, topic:20924”]
I can send SMS but they seem to be send a big number of times (but the money isn’t taken off for each of them). For example I send a message, and if I check the conversation with the person whom i sent it, there will be 7,10, 23 or more SMS written instead of just one.(In the picture you see next to the names of the people, the number of times a new sms has been received. Ex : Irène 59, Raffaella Libotte 382 etc…)
The same for the answers : I receive 30 times the SMS someone sent me only once.
[/quote]

If this only happens when you’re abroad, it usually stems from a lack of coordination between your provider and the network that you’re roaming on. In short, as part of SMS delivery the phone reports back to the message centre that the message has been received. In some cases when roaming, the network doesn’t pass along this message. The message centre will then try to resend the message once in a while until it gets a response or gives up. If it is a problem with the providers then there’s not much that can be done about that.

As said, if any of these also happen when you’re not roaming, then it may be a different problem.
I’ve not heard of camera problems only when abroad, and I’m not sure what you mean by the background, so I don’t have any clue what to do about those.

1 Like

Thank you! Yes the SIM card was in slot 2, so i changed it. For the sms i think it could be as you say…
I added the pictures, and the wallpaper story is only that my own disappears and this blue font comes instead.
I don’t have the screenshot of the message for the camera bug… i’ll have to wait untl I go abroad again! :slight_smile: