FP2 : screen sparkling

Hi folks,
I got a problem since day one with my FP2 screen.
I received it 10days ago approx.
Frequently, the screen is ‘sparkling’. Like a star in the sky.
anyone have this issue on his phone ?
thank you
Fafa

Maybe you should give it a try with de-assembling and re-assembling the screen (and cleaning the contacts with alcohol) since it could be just contact problems?
Boot the phone again you probably already tried?!

Have also a look here:

1 Like

If you are talking about the flickering in low brightness than this is a known bug an FP is working on a fix for the next software update.

1 Like

Hi @therob you guess well. I already tried to reboot it.
Didn’t try to open screen & clean contacts.

But It seems that Pascaline has the same problem.
Seems to be a known bug https://forum.fairphone.com/t/screen-flickers-at-low-brightness-fix-planned-for-future-update/11577?u=paulakreuzer

So, I’m going to wait for FP upgrade on this issue.
Thanks anyway!
Fafa

OK, but to be clear about this:

• under “sparkling” I understood something different: blinking spots distributed through the screen, like “stars” you described it…
  • The bug about flickering is changing in brightness across the complete screen homogeniously, or at least in big horizontal stripes and a lot of poeple have this (incl. me)

So how it looks like? Homogenious or local brightness changes?

1 Like

I unlisted this topic as it’s the same issue as the bug, so now we can go a bit off-topic without disturbing the other forum users. :wink:

I think “like stars” describes the screen flickering pretty well. If you look up in the night-sky under dark and clear circumstances you’ll notice a lot of stars that “flicker” = change brightness in different frequencies. Sure you see them as just some points (like pixels), but then again - if you’d few the fairphone from a few hundred meters away the whole screen would appear as a single point too.

1 Like

Hi @therob you’re right, I didn’t describe it as well as Paulkreuzer.
Homogenious like Paul’s description.
Thanks!

we enter Interstellar description… :grin:
that’s it @paulakreuzer you can close topic

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.