FP2 reboots whilst driving

Hi, I’ve used my FP2 for navigation whilst driving twice over the last week or so, and both times it has rebooted whilst driving. I’ve read through the various seemingly related threads and and have confirmed that my OS is up to date, but I would like to check if there is anything easy I can do to fix this without removing apps / factory resetting. Any advice gratefully received.

A

There are lots of tips in the #rebootsguide you can try.

Does the phone get hot during navigation before it reboots? Do you have an air conditioner in your car and would it be possible to mount the phone in the path of the airflow?
Do you charge during navigating? Are you using a data cable? Charging only USB cables often cause issues especially if connected to an unsteady power supply like a car.

Sadly I’m experiencing the same problem. I suspect it has something to do with thermal problems. I’m not sure whether it’s based on science or superstition, but I have the impression that if I don’t increase the brightness of my screen to more than half (and make sure there’s no hot air blowing onto the phone), it’s stable enough to navigate me around while remaining well readable.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply Paula, responses below:

Thanks,

A

The phone gets hot before it reboots. I can use AC in the car, but I’d prefer not to have to do that as it reduces fuel economy and I’d rather not be blowing cold air around the car once winter comes. Do you have any other solutions?

Did you already do the upgrade to Android 7 (should be available through the updater app now or in the next days)? This could change things.
Otherwise there are no new tips that aren’t already in the #rebootsguide.

1 Like

The upgrade is not yet available, but I’ll report back once I have it, or if I find another solution.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.