FP2 random reboots - see #rebootsguide for help

Sometimes my fb 2 (arrived 3 days ago) shuts down suddenly no matter if I am using currently or not.

I can’t see any regularity.

3 Likes

Same here…

May it’s linked to a full battery? It happens to me mostly when the charging is over but not always.

This seems to be a rather common problem with so many FP2 users reporting it - can this be added to the bug topic?

Has anyone with this problem already contacted the support and has gotten any response?

6 Likes

And by the way when phone reboots the language is changed from french to german… :no_mouth:

3 Likes

yes i contacted support and linked this thread already. no answer until now. i’ll let u know…

2 Likes

I looked for this thread, since I know I saw it before and just experienced my first random reboot. I was on the phone on my landline and hadn’t used my FP2 for about an hour or so, when I saw the screen lighting up and showing the white FP logo which then switched to the blue one and then showing the lockscreen. Was the first time (at least that I noticed) in the last 5 days. So I can’t say it’s frequent for me, but a bit curious it is…
My FP2 was at about 10% battery, so I don’t think it has to do with charging it…

1 Like

It is the same here. My phone is rebooting after the screen froze when scrolling in any app.
There is no pattern. It occured several times in the first days. Apart from two reboots today nothing like this happened for almost a week.

1 Like

I have contacted support and they have been very good, it might take a few days to get a reply though. They have suggested they send me a new phone and I send my old one back when it arrives. I got a txt from DHL that it will be here today.

So I would suggested contacting them as they are very helpful.

With regards to reboots, if you are having a lot of them try the phone without a SIM for a day (if you can) and see if the problem gets better. Mine definitely got better without a SIM, so I ordered a replacement SIM which caused less reboots.

4 Likes

hmm… i’m curious if they’ll suggest me to change the phone too…

I had a similar problem with a different Android phone, but I was able to fix it, so I might just suggest one thing : plug it on ADB, do an adb logcat and then wait for the reboot to happen. Then you will be able to examine the log to check what happened at the time of the crash.

(ie, on my phone it was a script running anytime I connect to a new WiFI network to check if it’s a captive portal or not and display an icon. I disabled this function which I anyway don’t find very useful, and the issue disappeared.)

1 Like

Support just offered to send me a new phone… Offer that I took (obviously) even though I hate having to reconfigure everything.

1 Like

same here

I got my FP2 since 2 weeks, it works Quote well but every day at least once the screen freezes and the phone reboots by itself. Today it happened 3 times. Its always in very different situations…does anyone else have this Problem? can you help me?

As @Jon1 said, we have taken note of this issue and are investigating it with some devices.

We’ll post back once we now more.

3 Likes

I have the same issue with my FP1. Had it send to support they replace the motherboard I believe. It was better for a while, but now it is happening all over again. On average: 1 or 2 times a day.

Hi, I’m on my second Fairphone 2 now, the original problem was SIM related, but this new one is rebooting at least twice a day so far. Once this evening playing a game, before that using iPlayer radio. Games seem worse though.

First two weeks in use and no random reboots, then yesterday 4 of them within a span of two hours… I haven’t made changes to configuration and apps recently, nor used it in a different way. scrolling down in a screen might be a trigger…

Hey Guys, same Prob here… rebooting all the time, no chance to even save a new contact. i just switched it of and wait untill support responds on my mails… hope it will be soon, because otherwise i have to revoke the contract…

btw: it happend already when no SIM was put in.

also did reset the wohle phone, still the same, so it was no app. i m a noob with technical stuff, thats all i could do.

at least i m glad that its not just me and bad carma

2 Likes

Hello

I have the same problem like the people above. My FP2 crashes and then reboots about 2 times a day. Today for example when taking a photo and a few hours later, when trying to type a SMS-message. So it seems it not very uncommon and also quite random. I hope we can get a fix soon. I don’t like getting a new one, don’t want to install all over again…

Hi there,

my phone does it too. I have started an device exchange on support. Now I stay tuned while waiting for a new or repaired phone. But will it be an special edition too?

C U
Tom