FP2 - Pictures Gallery

Such beautiful pictures here! Very inspiring, thanks everyone.

I haven’t had much success with my photography, and gave up long ago.

Gonna give it a retry with the new modules.

3 Likes

Please do, its a very good camera!

9 Likes

I did a hike on this beautiful autumn day and took the following pictures with my Fairphone 2 and the 8 MP (old) camera. All pictures are taken with OpenCamera and DRO active.

My impression is that DRO is indeed improving the dark areas but sometimes the entire picture looks “too bright”. I will try to do comparisons with and without DRO next time.

8 Likes

Still don’t know what I’m doing wrong. Can you check EXIF? Made with LOS 14.1.

Both pics made at bright daylight (1 nov ~12:50)

width/height 4096 x 3072
resolution 72 dpi
bit depth 24
resolution unit 2
color representation sRGB
camera maker Fairphone
camera model FP2
exposure time 1/236 sec.
ISO speed ISO-100
focal length 4 mm
flash mode flash, compulsory

(Cause my first close up decided to not use flash and it made a difference in quality IMO)

width/height 4096 x 3072
resolution 72 dpi
bit depth 24
resolution unit 2
color representation sRGB
camera maker Fairphone
camera model FP2
exposure time 1/60 sec.
ISO speed ISO-114
focal length 4 mm
flash mode no flash, auto

I guess I used zoom too much and it isn’t optical zoom so its a loss of quality? Correct?

I never made good experience with the “digital” zoom, which in reality is just a reduction of pixels taken. My experience is that the picture appears to be not really in focus. Therefore, I am “zooming” into the picture afterwards on my computer.
When doing a close up, you can select the “macro” function (looks like a flower) in Open Camera. Still you cannot go too close, as the focus is limited. Carefully watch your picture.
Usually when taking a picture, I tap on the object I want to have in focus. I am using “autofocus” not “continuous”. This way my pictures got sharper.
As with any new camera, it is good practice to spend a day outside and try all the various settings to come up to a configuration you really like and feel comfortable with.

4 Likes

First Snow
Open Camera on LOS, old Module, unedited

and edited (auto color correction):

7 Likes

Wo hat es denn jetzt schon geschneit? :grinning:

1 Like

In meinem Garten (Wien). :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The beauty of evil
air-contamination-caused twilight beautifully reflected on animal-cruel-thawing-salt-wettened path
Open Camera on LOS, old module, unedited.

11 Likes

Once again a video, made with Fairphone 2, the 8 MP camera, and OpenCamera. No special settings, no edit (thus the video is 200 MB big): https://vimeo.com/247038014 or at my account https://vimeo.com/permondes .

It shows the window of a shopping center in München. Every year before X-mas they put animated Steiff-teddies on show. Really nice and not only the children like watching it.
It’s been made in the evening with nearly no natural light.

1 Like

Baar / Switzerland

3 Likes

Cham / Switzerland

5 Likes

Baar / Switzerland

8 Likes

Meschede / Dortmund

5 Likes

Cham / Switzerland

2 Likes

Geneva Switzerland