English

Fp2 not responding to being turned on

Fp2 didn’t respond when I turned it on this morning. Battery was charging overnight. Took battery out and put it back in and phone worked again - and showed battery 76%. Any idea why it didn’t respond? On / off button seems good and clicky…

Known bug. Until it’s fixed the phone can’t be turned on while charging.

Thanks, Paula. Is that a recent bug? I’ve not noticed it before - I’ve had my fp2 a couple of years and it’s got the big Android update installed. And it wouldn’t turn on even after I took the charger out - I had to take the battery out and put it in again. Is that the only way to turn it on again?

It came with the Android 7 upgrade.
I believe if you unplug and wait a while you should be able to boot too, but I’m not sure - I barely ever turn off my phone.

Neither do I! It wasn’t turned off overnight as far I know - i just couldn’t get a response from it when I clicked the on/off button (which is the way I usually 'wake up’the screen): the screen stayed dark, even after waiting and trying again, so I took the back off, took the battery out, put it back, and turned it on again.
Oh well!
Thanks for your thoughts.

Oh, sorry, then I misunderstood your first post.

If this happens again try pressing the power button for 10 seconds to force a restart. That is usually better for the phone than taking out the battery.
If it happens often then something should be done about it. It could be an app that is active in the background and causes the phone to freeze.

Thank you very much!