FP2 not booting when on charger since Android 7 upgrade

Since I have installed Android 7, I am facing the issue that FP2 will not boot when it is switched off on charger.
If I try to switch it on, it shows the Fairphone logo for some seconds, then blinks and gets back to switched off battery charging indicator.
If I remove the charger, it boots perfectly well.
I also noticed that the swiched off battery charging indicator (the animation with a blue bar progressing on the battery space) is blinking strangely between 1 and 2 bars of charging level, which was not the case before.

This is already known, see here: ✏ Android 7 update: most annoying bugs, FAQ, etc

As far as I know the fix is supposed to come with the next update: https://bugtracker.fairphone.com/project/fairphone-android-7/issue/26

In case you are familiar with flashing software with fastboot you could already fix it now by flashing aboot (take it from the manual install files)

fastboot flash examples when you downloaded the manual install ZIP

On Windows:
fastboot.exe flash aboot images\emmc_appsboot.mbn from the extracted archive directory.

On *NIX (GNU/Linux and macOS):
fastboot flash aboot images/emmc_appsboot.mbn , again from within the extracted archive directory.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.