FP2: Fairphone OS 19.02.1 release

Stuck on boot animation after update, rebooting doesn’t solve it. I foresee a night of troubleshooting…

Edit: had to go for the factory reset, grumble grumble.

What version were you coming from? Did you have any modifications to your system partition installed before updating?

On my FP2 with 18.09.2 installed, WIFI connected, and more than 50% battery capacity the download doesn’t start in Updater.

Is this a staged update once again?
Perhaps Updater and phone for some strange reason just don’t display that the download is going on?
What can I do?

I have tried four times and waited up to half an hour. And also rebooted the phone. This is the first time I have problems with FP2 updates.

The download was successful at work via company WLAN. What are the requirements checked by Updater before downloading the update? My WLAN has an average speed. It supports all common internet based activities and services. What can I change in its configuration in order to enable future updates at home?

Coming from 18.10.0. Xposed was probably the culprit here, if I had to guess. The system couldn’t be mounted while upgrading in TWRP. After it finished, the device rebooted into the eternal bootscreen.

I have backups for everything, so all is well.

1 Like

Everything went well. I came from the latest 18 version and had the 2G problem. Now it has been fixed and i could switch from 2G to 4G again.

Thx very much!

1 Like

At first encountered the same problem here (18.9.2, new cam module, single sim). After switching from 5 GHz to 2,4 GHz (!) update was downloaded swiftly. Installation took some time (esp. the initial boot screen, be patient). Phone is now up and running well. HTH.

2 Likes

If it would be staged, you would not see the update-possibility.
Well, I aint notified of the update. My updater still claims 18.09.2 to be the latest version.

Would I have to install that first?
Anyway, as I read of some problems regarding the update here in this forum and can’t afford to loose connection or spend hours on fixing my phone, I will wait some more. :wink:

Would I have to install that first?

No:

FYI: The Fairphone Open OS update is discussed here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just realised that like an absolute idiot, I posted in the wrong topic. I’m on FPOOS, so my issues with upgrading are not FPOS-related.

Yes, sorry for cross-posting, misled by the question.

The question however is still interesting and probably applies to both systems: it appears to me now that if you use automatic updating then you need to pass through the intermediate updates to get to the latest one. I suppose that a manual update would avoid this hassle. Any experience regarding this specific matter?

It appears push messages from my bank (N26) are broken since the update. Does anyone else also miss push messages of one app or another? If not, I’ll have to blame the bank app for it.

1 Like

Thanks - the update worked flawlessly for me.
I just got a little bit taken by surprise by this “low-level-details”- screen on the the first reboot. For a moment this had been “oooohhhh shiiii…” to me - then I relaxed…
And the update fixed this annoying “shutdown-only-with-torchlamp-on”-bug I had with the new camera module.
I’m still amazed to have Android 7 on my phone and also amazed by the time a battery charge is now good for.
Thanks !
Martin

1 Like

Since the last update, my phone randomly turns off when it’s charging. Does anyone else have this problem?

Hi all, what about more Updates on 7.x nougat Android for FP2, will we ever see them? Any newer updates, hotfixes, security updates et al? Or is FP2 now abandonware? :frowning:

Yes, there is an update in the making which should fix H264 playback & some other bugs, and provide security updates. It’s now being tested by the beta testers.

5 Likes

Just to dampen expectations a little bit: at least one person has reported a problem in the latest beta with H264 hw accelerated playback in combination with night light… which could result in reverting this particular change from the upcoming final release.

Update: seems they did push the fix through! \o/

The update to Fairphone Os 19.05.3 is released.

2 Likes