FP2 doesn't get mobile network

Hey kblack,
you need to phone them! It lasts ages till they react on mails because they are overwhelmed by “questions”…! And via mail you only get some general advice which is useless. Finally it helped to get in rage at the phone! Sad but it worked.

2 Likes

Hi!

I’m currently experiencing exactly the same problem.
I live in Paris. I switched of network provider about one month ago.
In a first time I couldn’t get 4G network and the 3G was very slow.

I fixed it by resetting my network connections, and everything went well for a few days.

But since a couple of days (about 10 days, actually), I’m experiencing random connection issues. Sometimes I can connect to the network, even in 4G, but most of the time I have no connection at all (it seems to depend on my position).

It’s being very annoying, all the more since I have no idea where the problem comes from…

But glad to know I’m not the only one!

I didn’t try yet with other SIM Card, neither my Sim in another phone, but I’ll do it ASAP.

Have you tried the troubleshooting procedure already?

Connectivity …

Yes, but I’m waiting to test my Sim in another phone to go through the end of the procedure.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Just saw, that the troubleshooting does not include the possibility, that the antenna might have become loose and it seems you have not checked for this possible cause of trouble so far. (See further up in the thread the posting by @AnotherElk.)

Hi
Three days ago I got my new FP2 and it is working perfectly. It really was either the antenna or the broken SIM-card slots. The only thing is, it restarts by itself several times a day, but I can get over it. Thanks for all your help. :smile:

1 Like

Hi BernhardH
My phone did this too, restarting for no reason. But with the time it stopped. No Idea why. So I hope for you it will stop too. :wink:

Grüessli Emily

Hi All,

I get exactly the same problem. I checked the antenna connection as suggested, changed my SIM card (from a different operator), change the SIM card slot… Unfortunately problem is still there. Passing a call from inside a building becomes nearly impossible. The only way is to force GSM network to ‘2G’.

Before trying to call the support as BernhardH suggested, does anyone have other clues/ideas ?
I noticed that my battery becomes very weak (I will probably order a new one soon). Do you think a weak battery could have a negative impact on the phone RF sensitivity, that could explain the LTE/3G/4G problems ?

Well, this sucks. Same problem here; suddenly only WiFi, no 2G/3G/4G connectivity anymore, either with one or two SIMs. Since I’m on holiday in Italy for another 4 weeks, I also bought a local prepaid SIM, still no dice. I also find no store which sells the proper tools to disassemble the phone. Since running around without a phone for another month here is no option, it’s a new phone then for me. Back to Samsung or Sony, I guess.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.