FP2 Core module replacement

Hi!
After having some issues with my FP2 recently it switched itself off today and won’t fully start today.
Tried two or three times during the day to switch it on, the screen will get live, the last time I tried it even started to work - but then it switched itself off again and you can not switch it on again - only after removing the battery, waiting a few minutes, putting the battery back in again.

As I had an water-accident with my FP2 (I fell into salt water and had the phone in my pocket - was in a waterproof bag, but some drops got obviusly in) I dried it over some days then washed it in a special fluid to wash electronics (don’t know what it exactly is, but a friend of mine has a company specialized in repairing high tech electronics - they did it for me) it worked for 2 month now - but was really sensitive to even light shocks like putting it on a hard surface (not dropping - just putting it down with my hand).

So I think the core module is not good anymore…

But where do I get a new core module? The lower module is marked as not on stock till end of june - but the core module isn’t even on the list…

And a new FP2 won’t be delivered before End of October!

Do I really have to switch to another phone?

I really love the idea of fair trade electronics - but I cant rely on something where I have to wait FOUR MONTH for a replacement…

regards
Lukas

I believe the Core Module is probably not offered in the shop because FP wants to make sure nobody buys it in vain. It’s the most expensive and impactful part of the FP2 and should only be bought after ruling out any other causes for issues.

Do you live near one of the localcommunities? If so they can help you test the individual parts of your phone to know which parts are damaged.
With that information contact support and I’m sure they’ll find a solution.

This particular issue means the battery doesn’t sit tightly in the frame and it can be solved by putting a folded paper in the gap(s).
After you do that try the battery reset from the batteryguide. There is a chance this will solve most of your issues.

2 Likes

[quote=“paulakreuzer, post:2, topic:29973”]
I believe the Core Module is probably not offered in the shop because FP wants to make sure nobody buys it in vain. It’s the most expensive and impactful part of the FP2 and should only be bought after ruling out any other causes for issues.

Do you live near one of the localcommunities? If so they can help you test the individual parts of your phone to know which parts are damaged.
With that information contact support and I’m sure they’ll find a solution.[/quote]

No, the nearest community I found is 300km away.

Already tried that - has nothing to do with the battery contacts and I did a battery reset two or three weeks ago…

Now I just can’t do one as I cant switch on the FP2 long enough to make the battery drain. Attaching a USB-Charger shows sometimes some charging activity - but not always and it doesn’t change something on the problem. If the phone powers up fully for some minutes (just tried again - could use it for about 5 minutes before it switched off again) it shows over 80% battery.

My preferred solution would be buying a new one and using this one as spares - but waiting till end of october is not an option…

Lukas

Sometimes people sell their used FP2s on this forum, check out the #market category.
A few weeks ago Fairphone offered refurbished FP2s on their shop, but I could not find those, probably they’re out of stock.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.