FP2 camera brightness

Hi, recently my 8MP camera on my FP2 is producing too bright, overexeposed images and , strangely, too dark images when in the selfie mode. Is there anything I can do about this myself or will I need to have to buy a new 8MP camera module and if I do, are camera modules still available for the FP2
Thanks,
Neil

Which system in which Version have you installed? There are some bugs since the Android 9 upgrade, so far could be “fixed” by using the App Open Camera

2 Likes

I have installed the Android 9 update. Could the upgrade have caused the change in the camera then ?
Do I just download the camera open app ?

If the problem has started at the same time then yes. So it’s a good idea to verify if it’s SW or HW causing is by trying it out with the Open Camer app.

I’d recommend to install it via F-Droid (Open Camera | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository).
But you might also download it from Google Play store.

2 Likes

O.K. I’ve installed the open camera app and will see over the next few days whether that works. Thanks

1 Like

Yes, the open camera app is an improvement - no overexposure on front view and definitely an improvement with no darkening in selfie mode. So I shall use open camera app from now on and you have saved me having to buy a new camera module / new camera. Thanks again Volker and Yvonne !

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.