FP2 Battery Problems (drains quickly, CPU gets hot) - See batteryguide for workarounds

Since the upgrade of the Open I have incredible battery problems… this is unacceptable…

Look at the time frame… In less than a min my phone went from 15% to shut down…

Not nice… not nice at all… :disappointed_relieved:

In my experience and what I read from many others, the battery performance is much better on Android 6, so I don’t think that the update broke the battery life.

I would suggest to kickstart the battery, that may help the battery to get prober readings again.

If this does not help, figure out what is causing the enormous drain. Apps like BetterBatteryStats are quite helpful in that regard.

I think it might have something to do with the SD card… just an intuition though…

I’m copying everything and I’ll format it in order to use as internal memory… or not… I don’t know what to doooo! :scream:

Here’s a link :wink: .

1 Like

Yeah I did that… after 15 min of activity I’m down to 85% this morning… :frowning:

Check this out:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=490666&p=4224290&viewfull=1#post4224290

Exact same problems… disastrous…

It’s incredible… phone is taking more time to charge when plugged in than to discharge when used!!!

Well, it is also possible that your battery is dead.
Li-Ion batteries usually are considered to have a life time of 6 months, depending on how well you treat them they may last more or less long. If kickstarting the battery didn’t change anything and you find nothing suspicious in your battery stays, it may as well be that your battery simply reached end of its life.

If that’s the case… it was fast… But I doubt it… as it was very bad, then got better and now (after update) it’s horrible again…

Please wipe the cache as I posted previously, then please report back.

I did! it didn’t work…

Switch off the phone and take off the cover to see if the battery is bloated. If it is, you should replace it immediately.

I did! I did absolutely everything I found on the forum… and I’ve doing it for sometime now… it always comes back, I have found no effective solution… I already had my phone changed once by support and I also had it repaired once!!! :sweat:

Hmm, did you install the OTA release of version 17.06.4? If yes, maybe a factory reset helps… (You should back up your personal data before you reset your phone!)

If you don’t think its the battery/hardware, then you will need to find the cruel-pit. There are good analytic apps available, such as better battery stats that can help you find the problem. Otherwise you could do a hard reset and kickstart the battery. If you can then use the phone normally (i.e. before installing again your apps), you can exclude a hardware defect or OS fault, but know that the problem must be from one of your apps or settings. Then just install them one by one and figure out which one ruins your battery life. But as I said: I would start with using analytical tools to find the source.

The thing is that just before the update (Open OS) it seems to work more or less fine… I think it has something to do with the SD card since it doesn’t have write option after the update… it’s just a hint though…

So what happens then if you take out the SD card? Does battery life increase?

I’m checking that right now… :wink: (by the way do you know how to restore write permission on the sd card?)

OK not better in any way taking the sdcard out… Better battery stats shows that phone is awake almost all the time… but I don’t understand which application is “to blame”. Phone died on me just now after having been fully charged once in mid morning… I hate this… it’s like I don’t have a phone… :frowning: