FP2 Battery Problems (drains quickly, CPU gets hot) - See batteryguide for workarounds

FP2 doesn’t like games… it’s a serious phone :laughing::joy::grin:

4 Likes

Looks like… but i recognized its always getting hot like i descriped also in normal use. Just browsing online or watch setting from phone after 5min its hot like hell. Normal?

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s normal but it’s what is happening to my phone all the time… I don’t think it’s normal…

1 Like

My phone lasts <11 hours with normal(ish) usage. Doesn’t die on aeroplane mode or anything. Doesn’t get hot. Disabled a few misbehaving apps (Hello Yahoo Mail) but it’s getting ridiculous.

Don’t have the wifi exclamation mark. Will try the kickstart of the battery and report back.

I have the same problem as many here. Top right gets hot, battery lifetime less than a working day. took the mobile of the charger at 7 this morning and need to charge it with lunch again. It is at 59% after a bit more than 2 hours and did actually not really use it, except for wifi.

I read something about wifi explananation mark, but cannot find it back. What is the problem with that? because I do have an explanation mark the whole time

Here’s the topic: https://forum.fairphone.com/t/wifi-reconnection-problem-exclamation-mark-after-reconnecting/11753
For some people like me it caused indeed battery drain. Workaround: turn mobile internet off when (re-)connecting to a wifi.

yes, explanation mark it gone. Now lets see how it works with for battery…

My battery got better after I installed greenify killing Firefox and this
also got rid of the hot spot on the phone.

Hope this helps anybody.

1 Like

The wifi trick worked for several hours, but without using my mobile or have a wifi explanation mark, my power dropped suddenly from 40% to 8% and is hot again (in approx 1.5 hour). I did not use it at all!! Wifi was on during this time and i recieved some messages fb/whatsapp etc… What can it be???

Could be FB

no, nothing changed. I mean, the battery was more or less stable (after the wifi did not show the explanation mark anymore) and suddenly it dropped very quickly. I did not use it and did not change anything. It was just on my desk and mobile internet was off the whole time.

still approx. 6 hours without any intense usage (aka only wifi) is this normal? I cannot use my mobile for a working day without charging…

don’t wanna spam, but I am investigating my mobile behavior here. I had to go to battery saving after 4 hours (so, my battery lasts for approximately 5 hours) and I noticed that the CPU (or top op the battery) is cooled down. Any one know why it gets hot and what to do about that? Is the hotness related to the very quick battery drain?

Probably. And maybe also to your roaming problem? Do you have the Wi-Fi exclamation mark? This also produced short battery cycles for some people:
https://forum.fairphone.com/t/wifi-reconnection-problem-exclamation-mark-after-reconnecting/11753

1 Like

I don’t have the explanation mark anymore, but removing it did not really increase the duration of the battery either. it is still approximately 5 hours if I don’t use the battery save mode

I don’t know if you already solved you battery problem, but looking at your screenshots, I see that your SIM2 has no connection. A SIM that’s always looking for a network without being able to connect drains the battery a lot. This would also explain why it dropped so much when you switched flight mode off. Maybe you should disable SIM2 when you are in places where the network is not available.

In fact it is disabled. I did not make the symbols for the phone; if it shows up as simply “no connection” then that would be another bug on the long list.

Ok. When I have no connection, it’s the same icon. But in fact, that’s not a bug of FP2, but a fault of the Android icon design that doesn’t differenciate between no connection and disabled.

I already noticed that it is the same logo and find it somewhat confusing.