When I connect my FP1 (OS 1.8.7 / Kola Nut, no single partition upgrade) to a computer, the phone charges, but nothing else happens. In particular,
- the phone doesn’t show up in any way on the computer (e.g., the phone is not in the output of lsusb on a Linux machine);
- neither the phone’s internal memory nor the additional sd card may be accessed via the computer; and
- there is no mention of a USB connection in the notification screen of the phone.
What I’ve tried
- Tried several USB cables;
- tried several computers, some running Linux, some Windows;
- connecting the phone in both locked and unlocked mode;
- restarting the phone before and during USB connection;
- enabling and disabling the “USB debugging mode” in the phone’s options; and
- in the Linux situation, following several tutorials such as those linked here (e.g., using the package mtpfs).
- Could this conceivably be a hardware problem with the phone? How could I make sure?
- What options are there for making the USB connection work?
(I am aware of other methods of file transfer and don’t seek advice on them. I am interested specifically in the USB connection.)