FP1 no more network signal

Hi!
I don’t have any signal bars and can’t receive or compose new calls on my FP1 (First Edition). The Sim card is ok, it works on another phone.

Any ideas of what is the problem?
Thanks a lot!

Roland

Go to flight mode and then turn flight mode off again. Edit: I realized that you must have turned off your phone altogether, in order to try the SIM card in another phone, which has basically the same effect as going to flight mode…

Do you use Dual SIM? You can only have 3G on one SIM card and the other has 2G. The problem is that more and more network providers turn off their 2G networks.

Go to settings > Wireless networks > More… > Mobile networks > 3G service and select your SIM card for 3G.

PS: How old is your SIM card? FP1 sometimes has problems with older SIM cards.

Hi Stefan. Thanks a lot for your answer.
No, I don’t use Dual Sim. My Sim card is indeed rather old but it worked without problem until now on my FP1 and it works on other phones.
By the way, I have another problem : the screen gets dark at many times and it’s difficult to switch it on again, I have to push several times to get it on.

If I go to settings and then to SIM , it doesn’t recognize phone calls and sms, only the last item “connexion des données”.

could it be an antenna problem?

Thanks for your help^.

Good news : I tried again and now I have network signal. I don’t know why, I hope it will stay.

If I go to settings and then to SIM , it doesn’t recognize phone calls and sms, only the last item “connexion des données”.

This is normal if you don’t use Dual SIM.

Come back if the issue comes back! :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.