FP1: Macadamia 1.9.9-pre3 Alpha (Android Kitkat)

You’re right… . (which module ?)

I posted the link above, but here it is again: Emoticons - Convert SMS to MMS at a price! (one post further down).

Haven’t seen that… :grin: thanks

1 Like

@jftr I have no idea, what the warning means, but you might want to look into this:

Developer warning: android.permission.ACCESS_SUPERUSER wasn’t declared in the manifest.

The red writing could look a bit off-putting to people…

This is normal behavior of Superuser. There might be a setting of Superuser (Settings > # Superuser > … menu > Settings).

Edit: It essentially means that the app tries to get root privileges without declaring so in its manifest.

2 Likes

Last time I read about it, ACCESS_SUPERUSER was deprecated. See also here:

1 Like

Oh, so the warning is referring to the app’s manifest. Ok never mind then! :blush:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Battery level drops in FP1(U) alpha

@jftr just reporting back, had my device set aside (not booted up) for a while again and had no visible flickering until I’ve unlocked the simcard but then it started again and is getting worse but seams to take longer this time. I still hope it’s not the hardware as new Display looks hard to come by - and the fp2 is a bit to big for my taste.

1 Like

While the preinstalled (gapps) version of “Google News & Weather” can’t connect to the servers (maybe too old version), updating to a newer version and starting it results in an error message, saying that my device isn’t compatible (but it was working on Android 4.2). Is there a way to fix this please?

Unfortunately I could not find any cause for this. It really looks like it is a hardware issue. One thing that you could do to verify: Go back to the stable version 1.8.7 and see if that changes anything.

Thanks for reporting this. Apparently there is some incompatibility with the GApps package. I see whether we can fix that.

1 Like

I have a big notification problem (or synchronization I’m not sure)…

I only get my messages when I open the application… The worse is whatsapp. I have to go in the application to see if I have any messages. Anyone else having this problem?

Can you please give some details:

I figure, you have GApps installed.
Do you have any non-standard configurations (XPosed, etc.)?

In general this sounds like some battery optimization setting is too aggressive. Did you enable anything along this line?

Edit: One standard way that could help solve this issue:

• Android Phone Settings > Data Usage > Menu > uncheck ‘Restrict background data’ or make sure you see ‘Allow background data’
1 Like

The complete update is FAR from being released, it’s not just some bluetooth problems, I installed the software-update, also gapps, did all updates and now, when I boot the phone it starts with:

• google play boeken stopped, play films stopped (x4).
  • my battery drains twice as fast as with android 4.2
  • not mentioning the bluetooth issues
  • volume control with alarms: difficult to describe but the volume changes randomly, I cannot even use the phone to wake up anymore.

and the worst of all: I try to go back using the instructions, but this results in : Error: System property does not match Installation aborted.

Please help

1 Like

Hi, I have OpenGapps installed and xposed (of course!)

I don’t think I enabled anything optimizating battery… I’ll check it out and I’ll do what you’re suggesting.

Will get back to you…

Downgrade instructions don’t work: it leaves me with Error: “System property does not match Installation aborted.”

Oups sorry can’t find it… :worried: can you please point me to the right direction?

Just found out that my phone has focus problems with the camera movie mode. It keeps going out of focus every “less than” seconds. I have to touch the screen to stabilize it again and so on…

Sorry for that. I will immediately try to reproduce this and give you updated instructions.

Edit: I was ably to reproduce it and will look for a solution.