🇬🇧 🇵🇹 FP users in Portugal

Hello, I am FP2 owner in Porto (Portugal) and experienced a similar finding. Hopefully, I travel regularly to Toulouse (FR) where I find local support.

Hello,

FP 3 owner (after a long process with a FP 2 - new life) for about 2 weeks, in Lisbon.
Love it!

Glass covers: online. Don’t think twice. I normally use this eBay seller (fast & afordable): https://www.ebay.ie/usr/protectionfilms24
Or look for: Fairphone 3 Glass Film Screen Protector Protection

Best,
Eduardo G.

So, my count is 6? :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello, Im also in Portugal and I have found out a tempered glass from a different model that fits quite well in FP3. If you still interested I can give you the reference

Hello, not yet a Fairphone user but will be when mine arrives :smiley:

Nice to see some Portuguese here :portugal:

4 Likes

Hi luis,
your post is quite old but I’m trying, have you found any fairephone users / repair shop in lisbon ? I’m intrested to connect … I have some issues with my phone and I would be happy to be able to fix it here,
all best Camille

I own an FP3 since 2020 (at that time NOS sold it on the on-line shop). But today I know of no other shop (physical or online) that sells Fairphone. ( PS: I went to Amsterdam this last summer, and I did not see Fairphone on shops downtown either :slight_smile: )

My FP3 still works reasonably well after 3 years . (Since the upgrade to Android 13, I felt some “performance nerfing”, and had 2 unreproducible lost calls - people said they’ve called me, but the phone did not rang - could never reproduce again - maybe it was some other issue, unrelated to the phone)
(Cameras are slow, but I can live with it. Photos are not my “prime feature” :slight_smile: Initially I had some touch unresponsive issues Touchscreen not very responsive to touch when on car support, but since I drive a car with Android auto, these touch issues had no real impact anymore).

I am looking for anyone having the new Fairphone5 and willing to share their experience with Vodafone Portugal. Any experience stories ? (Good or bad ?)

Replying to myself, I’ve just received my FP5 a few days ago, and it seems to work fine with Vodafone Portugal.

Just tested the basic, make/receive voice call, send/receive sms (without RCS), use some mobile data, and all seems to work.
(Did not test the speed of mobile 5G data, and neither tested services under weak network coverage).

3 Likes

Vodafone Portugal is reselling Fairphone ?

Hey, I’m a proud owner of a Fairphone 3 since 2019 ( bought directly from the site back then)
I am currently living in Sintra, and going to Lisbon once a week.
Today I decided to propose a meeting with Fairphone business team to be a partner here in Portugal, being some sort of agent/reseller and eventually can also be a community organizer.

Let’s see what they say :-).

Anyone would be interested in a local gathering around Sintra and/or Lisbon ?

A starters could be just a get to know each other event :-), eventually with some Fairphone specific subject as well.

3 Likes

Olá, Diogo!

Yes, I’d be into that! I live in Lisbon but anywhere around, including Sintra, is OK for me.

2 Likes

Hi! I’ll be in Sintra for an Ubuntu Meetup next week (I run Ubuntu Touch on my Fairphones), it will be on the Saloon at 20h on thursday, drop by, the Ubuntu folks are a friendly group, and it will a nice environment to come up with a Fairphone meetup.

3 Likes

Vodafone Portugal is reselling Fairphone ?

Last time I asked (in November), no. (So I ordered it from the FP site). But if you go into https://forum.vodafone.pt/ and ask for it, maybe you can help them change their minds.
( Online PT shop at Loja Online Vodafone - Telemóveis, Acessórios e Cartões )

2 Likes

Oh…Would love to be there, and I already am commited to Biodanza in Lisbon almost every thursday until mid january at least, and next week will be the Solstice gathering as well.

Are there many of those gatherings around here?

I wonder if it is possible to have Ubuntu Touch on Fairphone 3 as well ?

1 Like

Viva!
Tv dê para combinar algo em Lisboa no prox. dia 22 de manhã/almoço ?

Isso e ires conhecer o @Diogo a Sintra no dia 21 e dps um de vós contar-me como foi no evento Ubuntu ?

1 Like

Well this is just a pre-meetup meetup, so we shall see, maybe you can be in January.

Ubuntu Meetups exist every month since 2013 (we failed one month). We announce it on social media (facebook, twitter from Podcast Ubuntu Portugal and mastodon), on meetup.com, on Ubuntu Discourse (previously on the defunct Ubuntu Local Communities Portal) and on ANSOL Events Agenda.

Regarding Ubuntu Touch on Fairphone 3, it’s almost feature complete, but Fairphone 4 as a more active maintenance.

That sounds cool, I’ve never been to a Linux meetup before. Is the Saloon a bar?

And Diogo.cordeiro, on the 22nd in the morning I’ll probably be free to meet somewhere in Lisbon.

It’s a bar, They also have snacks, we usually dine there.

Hi Diogo(s), I won’t be able to make it to the pre-Fairphone-meetup / Ubuntu meetup tomorrow, because I’ll have a busy workday after all. I’ll install Ubuntu, that I haven’t used in years now, to have some topics of discussion for the next meetup. I’ve also started following the ubuntu portugal podcast and listened to the last one. Really nice. I’d only ever listened to podcasts in English and Spanish and really liked listening to this one.

As for the Fairphone, more time with mine will also give me more things to talk about.

Talk to you soon.