FP (Open) OS Feature Requests, Marshmallow Style

###Submit, find and vote for feature requests in the official bug-tracker:

You can find them under “Enhancements”:

https://bugtracker.fairphone.com/project/fairphone-fairphone-os-android-6/issues?order_by=subject&type=3

Bring back “Reboot” option when you long press the power button

Now, there is only a “Turn off” option.

13 Likes

Keep phone unlocked when it is in a certain Wi-Fi.

Android has no built-in support for keeping the phone unlocked in a certain Wi-Fi.

The app “Smart Unlock” used for that stopped working with Android 6.0.

So Fairphone should create a built-in support for that.

This feature request has its own thread, where also alternative solutions are collected.

Bring back the cut, copy & paste controls from Android 5.1

The cut, copy & paste controls brought with Android 6.0 are very inconvenient.

The old Android 5.1 controls were better. Also, they have a “select all” option missing in the new controls.

6 Likes

Smart unlock works, but it’s linked to connecting to a Bluetooth device, voice, or location. Google don’t offer an option for a specific WiFi so this isn’t a feature that can be supported

Reboot option is logged as a bug already

3 Likes

#Bring back the FP specific features

AFAIK the plan is to release the (code of the) old launcher, lockscreen (widget, mood changer too?), … so the community can maintain them as Apps e.g. on F-Droid.
I just post this here as a little reminder.

3 Likes

I’d like the feature to disable the search bar and the most used apps in the app drawer :slight_smile:

I know you can at least disable the most recent apps in the standard Google launcher, but I didn’t find the same functionality here.

1 Like

Bring back “Flight mode” option when you long press the power button

3 Likes

###Submit, find and vote for feature requests in the official bug-tracker:

You can find them under “Enhancements”:

https://bugtracker.fairphone.com/project/fairphone-fairphone-os-android-6/issues?order_by=subject&type=3