🇩🇪 🇬🇧 Fingerprintfunktion spurlos verschwunden / Fingerprintfunction disappeared without a trace?!

Hallo Zusammen

Seit letzten Freitag ist die Fingerprint-funktion auf meinem Fairphone 3+ spurlos verschwunden. Sie wird beim Entsperren nicht mehr angezeigt, ist in den Settings nicht mehr auffindbar und auch in den anderen Apps, die damit entsperrt werden konnten, muss ich nun wieder den Code eingeben. :roll_eyes: :angry:
Mehrfaches komplettes Herunterfahren und Neustarten brachte nichts. Da ich an diesem Tag und auch an den Tagen zuvor keinerlei Einstellungen oder Apps manuell geändert habe, ist mir das ein grosses Rätsel.
Eine kurze Internetrecherche brachte auch nur wenige Infos dazu: scheint bei Huawei-Smartphones vorzukommen, jemand schrieb, dass nach einem Update alles wieder gut war.
Deshalb führte ich auch das aktuell anstehende Update aus, ebenfalls ohne Erfolg.
Weiter sind auch die Entwickleroptionen aus den Einstellungen verschwunden, diese konnte ich aber rasch wieder aktivieren.

Hat von Euch jemand schon dieses Problem gehabt oder eine Idee, wie ich es lösen könnte? Ich möchte ungern das ganze Telefon zurücksetzen…

Danke für Eure Inputs!

Since last Friday, the fingerprint function on my Fairphone 3+ has disappeared without a trace. It is no longer displayed when unlocking, can no longer be found in the settings and I now have to enter the code again in the other apps that could be unlocked with it. :roll_eyes: :angry:
Multiple complete shutdowns and restarts did nothing. Since I didn’t change any settings or apps manually that day or the days before, it’s a big mystery to me.
A brief internet search also brought up little information about this: seems to happen with Huawei smartphones, someone wrote that everything was fine again after an update.
I therefore also carried out the current update, also without success.
The developer options also disappeared from the settings, but I was able to reactivate them quickly.

Have any of you had this problem or have an idea how I could solve it? I’d hate to reset the phone…

Thank you for your input!

1 Like

Hi Have you checked the sensor by dialling *#*#66#*#*
Service tests > Test Single > Fingerprint test.

4 Likes

I’m having the same problem after updating yesterday.

Hi Have you checked the sensor by dialling *#*#66#*#*
Service tests > Test Single > Fingerprint test.

Running the fingerprint test resulted in “finger_result.txt is not exist CALIBRATION:FAIL”.

2 Likes

Hi @jnelson18 Welcome to the forum.

You may like to contact support\at/fairphone ~dot ~com as your case maybe either a corrupt download/installation or a hardware failure.

My test gives INTERFACE:PASS and CALIBRATION:PASS after the last update A.0129

2 Likes

Same result - “finger_result.txt is not exist” :frowning_face:

Probably I really have to contact the support…

Any other ideas or tipps?

Can you perform a fingerprint authentication with developer options disabled?

I got it!
I deleted the screen lock pin and restarted the phone. Then I reset the pin et voilà: the fingerprint function was back :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing the solution…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.