Fingerprint sensor button loose and falling out

Hi all,

I received my FP4 and quickly noticed that the fingerprint button falls out easily with a little bump of the phone in my hand. It’s then only held by the cable. Sure, that’s not what I do all day but it’s fragile and probably also happens in certain normal situations. The fairfone support said it’s not normal and I just got it back from Vodafone repair service. It’s still easily shaken out…

Before I send it back again, please let me know if that’s only my phone and I’m not too picky or if yours also does that and I just should be more careful.

Thanks.

Hi and welcome to the forum

You’d best contact support officially as this is just a user forum.

You can emails support@fairphone.com or use the more standard way via the site

• I don’t think you need to be more careful
  • Many users can respond to the ‘if yours also does’ but again that’s not Fairphone you are talking to.
1 Like

Are you sure its about a FP4, the fingerprint sensor is in the power button and I dont see how this could fall out🤔 Thats def not at all normal, so whoever stated this should be trained probably.

If bought via Vodafone, you will have to go back to Vodafone.

2 Likes

Yes, FP4 brand new delivered. Here’s a pic: 20230419-090543 hosted at ImgBB — ImgBB

5 Likes

It’s probably gonna be sent to the Fairphone repair center in that case. My first FP4 (one from the first production batch from way back) had a slightly damaged display, I messaged Fairphone and they sent me a replacement in no time, that was a pretty nice experience.

3 Likes

Just got it back from Vodafone. It wasn’t repaired because I didn’t ship it with battery and cover. :smile:

The button clearly hang out by the side of the phone this time. They should’ve seen that it’s nothing else than a mechanical problem. On to the third try!

1 Like

Now it’s refunded without a comment. Getting a new one. What a pitty, I’m pretty sure it would have been easy to just replace the button.

But good to know that I seem to be the only one with that phenomenon. So excited to have this phone already and checkout the incredible b/w camera.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.