I have my for nearly two years now and it worked very well the whole time. Lately the phone started not to respond to my touches. When I locked it and unlocked it two three times the screen reacted again. This phenomenon did not happen very often - only sometimes.
Then a few days ago the “trick” did not work any more. I had to remove my battery more often and somehow the screen started reacting again. This mostly happened after switching the phone on - I usually switch it off at night.
Now nothing is working. I cannot unlock the SIM of my phone - the screen does not respond to my touches!
- I did not install any new app or updated the system right before this behaviour occurred
- I did not drop the phone or damaged it in a way
- I did not use it different than the year(s) before when everything worked fine
- I restarted the phone quite often - without any effect
- I disassembled the phone and cleaned the contacts between screen and mainboard (everything looked fine!) - no result
- I removed SIM-card and memory-card - still the phone does not respond
- I even bought a new display hoping that this might help - I was disappointed
I need help! What can I do? Do I need a new phone?