English

FFP 3 - Touchscreen is not responsive

Hello FFP-community!

Background:

I have my for nearly two years now and it worked very well the whole time. Lately the phone started not to respond to my touches. When I locked it and unlocked it two three times the screen reacted again. This phenomenon did not happen very often - only sometimes.
Then a few days ago the “trick” did not work any more. I had to remove my battery more often and somehow the screen started reacting again. This mostly happened after switching the phone on - I usually switch it off at night.
Now nothing is working. I cannot unlock the SIM of my phone - the screen does not respond to my touches!

What I did not do:

• I did not install any new app or updated the system right before this behaviour occurred
  • I did not drop the phone or damaged it in a way
  • I did not use it different than the year(s) before when everything worked fine

What I have tried so far:

• I restarted the phone quite often - without any effect
  • I disassembled the phone and cleaned the contacts between screen and mainboard (everything looked fine!) - no result
  • I removed SIM-card and memory-card - still the phone does not respond
  • I even bought a new display hoping that this might help - I was disappointed

I need help! What can I do? Do I need a new phone?
Regards
ElThoro

Do you find that particular areas of the screen are becoming unresponsive or does it happen all over? By calling * # * # 6 6 # * # * you can get a set of several Service Menu tests, and a test for the touch screen functionality should be among those. This should allow you to test if there are specific “numb” areas.

Other than that, I can only give my perennial general advice: When re-assembling display module and the rest of the phone together, make sure the plastic holders click back into place – not just the 13 screws.

2 Likes

Oops, you are saying it’s completely unresponsive now. In this case, you might want to get yourself an OTG adapter or cable that allows you to connect a computer mouse to your FP3. This would allow you to control the display without touching it, so you could backup your data before proceeding any further.

4 Likes

And before you hit the 2 years, contact support

4 Likes

Hi @ElThoro
Have you found a solution ? It seems that I have a similar problem :thinking:

Arielle