Faulty permissions remain after reset (android 7)

An app i installed fails at startup, in the logs i see this permission problem:

Not granting permission android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION to package com.nianticlabs.pokemongo because it was previously installed without

and

Ignoring duplicate uses-permissions/uses-permissions-sdk-m: android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE in package: com.nianticlabs.pokemongo at: Binary XML file line #35

My phone is a Fairphone2, it runs Android 7.1.2 Buildnumber 18.09.2 Kernel-version 3.4.0-perf-geaadfcc5a2djenkins@lxc-slave05 #1 dd:20180928

The app in question is Pokemon go.

I have wiped and factory reset my phone at least 3 times, had the battery out and everything. How do i get rid of these faulty permissions?

You might be interested in the fact that currently Pokemon Go doesn’t work properly with Android 7 on the Fairphone 2 anyway, regardless of the permission problem you encountered … here’s the bugtracker (you can upvote the issue there to make it more important to fix):

https://bugtracker.fairphone.com/project/fairphone-android-7/issue/56

Here’s the main topic about the issue …

If Pokemon Go is a priority for you, you can downgrade to Android 6 for the moment until the issue eventually gets fixed. See the “I regret upgrading, how do I downgrade?” section here …

1 Like

Ah, thanks. I’ve upvoted the issue and i’ll try to find the courage to make a downgrade attempt, and risk a boot-loop :wink:

Will the downgrade remove all permissions, can i somehow wipe everything before the new install?

You can really install from scratch following this guide, just use the Android 6 installation file from the downgrade section mentioned above instead of the Android 7 one the guide uses …

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.