Fairphones sold 2013-2022

, , ,

Eva said “I think 65000 FP1s” (approximately at the 32:16 mark), but I would prefer to rely on the written numbers I referenced at the beginning here. Frankly it seems to me not everyone at Fairphone has a totally definitive number in mind (which I don’t blame them for).

1 Like

You are wrong in this point! There is no difference in numbers.
In the impact report you cite 3 bullet poings above ("Bigger market, greater impact), they state:

KPI: We have sold more than 220.000 Fairphones since our foundation in 2013 until the end of 2019.

So it seems, you have done a really good job with your numbers. :smiley:

1 Like

Do we agree it wasn’t the case before? They must have done an update with newer numbers.
I remember having seen 182999 FPs sold.

2 Likes

Yep, I did not check before, so I thought the numbers must have had another source.
The web-archive shows, that on 3rd August the number indeed was 182,999.

I did not mean to criticise @urs_lesse, but rather praise him for his work.

Maybe Fairphone even adjusted their numbers based on this thread and @urs_lesse research ? :wink:
:+1:

2 Likes

No problem from my side :slight_smile: Thanks for making me aware that Fairphone redacted the total number in their Impact Report.

2 Likes

Rae gave us the year 2020 total today. I have updated the graph at the top of this topic.

Update (29 June 2021): I have now replaced the number by the marginally different (-15) figure included in today’s 2020 Impact Report (p. 15). There is also a discrepancy between the 2019 and 2020 reports regarding the 2019 total which I am currently trying to get sorted out by Fairphone.

UPDATE (27 August 2021): Discrepancy sorted out – it’s been 53844 units sold in 2019.

7 Likes

So now im curious how much today. I know there are not much numbers from Fairphone side. Because I want to know jf the FP3 is better sold than FP2

Seems that 2020 was HUGE :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did you see the graph at the top ? It is clear that a) More FPS have been sold and that in a single year, as mentioned by @SimplyBrainy in a single year almost 100,000 were sold compared to just over 115,000 from 2015 to 2019 so I’d say that’s a pretty clear indication of that i’t 'better sold.

And of course the total after 1.5 years for the FP3 is around 150,000

All the figures are from the graph.

I suggest you may like to ask Faiphone for an update for sales in the last 4 months, as this is only a community forum :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yes, i know its only a community forum and i know the difference in the number. Im just happy with this forum and am curious for future numbers

1 Like

?? Future numbers ??

Have you tried contacting Fairphone for an update so far? I suppose you could ask them for a prediction.

I think it’s clear Erik just wants an update which would be the Q2 numbers. However, I guess it will take a couple of weeks more until we can get them (as with previous numbers).

6 Likes

Awesome software support could make a great difference. As is with FP3, as what done with FP3.

Someone know where i can find the 2019 fairphone impact rapport:https://impact.fairphone.com/scaling-our-impact/? It looks down

I have no idea, why the page is down or if it’s relocated.
But you can find the version of May 27th in the web-archive:

Fairphone Impact Report Vol. 2 — Bigger market, greater impact (archive.org)

1 Like

It went down a few days after I tried to get this discrepancy sorted out, although that might be just co-incidence.

I will use web archive then

Would it make sense to extend the initial post by a total number per model and the total number overall for the sake of convenience?

• FP1: 60,000
  • FP2: 115,350
  • FP3: 159,485
  • Total: 334,835
7 Likes

I really would like to know some more recent numbers, including the sales of the FP4.

Anybody knows some sources?

7 Likes

If you find the data please let me know!

I’m writing a project on Fairphone and this data would be very useful!