FairPhoneOS 17.05.2 and factory reset: Email app keeps crashing when setting up exchange account

I have my new Fairphone 2 for a week now. Was running okay, untill the Android 6 update. After the upgrade my 3 e-mailaccounts (2 IMAP, 1 Exchange) worked fine.
But: Android 6 wanted to format my SD card, and I didn’t want to do this, without checking that I have everything I need. So I removed the SD card.

Now some of the programs i use kept crasching. Thought that might have something to do with the removed SD card. So yesterday i decided to do a factory reset, without the SD card.

And now: i can’t get my Work-email (Exchange server) to work in de Email application, only in the Gmail application. But the Gmail application won’t sync calendar and contacts. And all my contacts were in Exchange (that seemed more stable and more private than google).

When i try to set up an Exchange account in the Email application, it keeps crashing when verifying my input: “Sory Email has stopped working”.

I’ve copied all the settings from my fairphone 1, where the exchange account works fine, in Email.
Someone suggested setting the Security Type to none (instead of SSL/TLS or SSL/TLS (Accept all certificates) . But then i get a message: “Couldn’t finish; Can’t connect to server”

With security set to SSL/TLS, when i make a mistake in my username, i get “problem with account setup; your username or passowrd is incorrect”, which suggests to me that the server settings are correct.

But as soon as I correct that mistake, with the EXACT settings as on my FairPhone 1 (and as on this FairPhone2 with FairPhoneOS 17.05.2 BEFORE i did a Factory Reset…), it seems to start to check and connect to the server, but than the Email program Crashes, see screenshot.

I’ve managed to setup 2 IMAP accounts just fine. But i REALLY want this Exchange acccount to work.

What can i do to stop this Email app from crashing? Can i use another Email app (preferably NOT gmail)

I hope someone can help me.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Exchange account. E-mail application shuts down