Fairphone really has to sort out its warranty support

Correct, but there is another annoyance: The longer such a case lasts, the longer the period of having a defective product will be. In other words: The warranty period gets shortened due to an unprofessional handling of the case.

4 Likes

They could look into their ticket system with your ticket number (which you received after you sent them the request). I think there should stand the date of the first e-mail.

1 Like

Update:

I received two messages from fairphone today and slowly begin to regain trust.

1. I received a return message with a return number.
  2. I received a message from the fairphone office telling me that my package arrived and will be tanken care of.
    I forwarded the return number to connect the two processes.

I will keep you updated. It looks a bit more like my case was quite unfortunate to say it nicely.

Ronny.

3 Likes

I’m here to state my disappointment about the Fairphone support.

On 2017-10-12 I opened the ticket #208042 about my Fairphone 2 back cover falling apart. It took 3 months until I finally got confirmation that a replacement is on its way.

I understand that there may be delivery problems, etc. However, the minimum I would expect is that I get a realistic estimate, when the cover will be shipped, with updates if necessary. I don’t want having to call support for this.

I’m happy I did not trust the Fairphone support to deliver anytime soon and bought a cover myself. That saved me a lot of nerves.

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the poor (or almost complete lack of) customer service? And faulty parts.

My bottom module hasn’t worked for a few months so haven’t been able to use it as an actual phone (make/receive a call) since the summer and after a long time of tinkering, opening, cleaning and testing I finally placed a support ticket on the 2nd December. My second case (blue translucent) also broke so added that to the order.

I have had 2 emails (from Randy) the first asking for proof of purchase, I replied and sent that the same day on the 13th December.

I sent another email asking for an update on the 17th December but didn’t have a response until the 8th January (!!!) to say I will be able to have new parts free and to check address details on my account and state which new cover I’d like, I did that on the 8th. But despite asking again for an update, I haven’t heard a single thing since then.

I’ve been waiting for this to be sorted for almost 2 months. The trouble is since waiting for this new case/cover my phone fell off a table on holiday and cracked due to the lack of protective bumper on case, which I had to try to tape up myself to be able to use it at all.

I have still not heard anything and we are 1 week away from February!

I absolutely love the concept of Fairphone and was so excited to finally own one but this is making me seriously change my mind.

The customer service is pretty shocking.

Is it just me or this pretty standard?

Helen

PS - This doesn’t even consider the fact it re-boots itself several times a day, even after a factory reset!

The fastest way to a solved ticket is:

1. Create a ticket with all details about your problem.
  2. Call Fairphone Support and tell them your ticket number.

Source:

Unfortunately I cannot call as my phone is broken.

2 Likes

I’m sure you know someone who owns a working phone and would lend it to you for such an important call.

Sorry, to be honest I did not read your whole post. I do think that as @paulakreuzer said you could find someone with a working phone. It’s not as if you were completely out of options, IMO. :slight_smile:

1 Like

(or try speaker phone mode - uses a different mic)

5 Likes

Also it is expensive to call unless you live in the Netherlands.

I agree with everything you say as am living with a similar experience. Had been a big FP fan, with a FP1, but since buying a FP2 refurbished my loyalty and confidence in the company has taken a big nosedive. Experience long delays in getting a reply to any message. My main problem has been terrible battery life but although this has at last been acknowledged the replacement battery is no better!! Apparently it might improve if I let it drain completely a few times. It’s hardly reassuring. I have paid 450-550 euros for a phone that only works for four hours before needing recharging. If I didn’t work from home I couldn’t have used it at all. In the past the support staff were very helpful and reasonably quick to respond so I wonder if FP2 has been sold to too many people too early as so many of us have problems with it. I was thinking of trying to sell it but couldn’t do that unless it starts to work properly.

On a practical note, it might be worth trying to get some action from them using Twitter.

Good luck,
Susannah

2 Likes

… or Germany or France.
They have local support numbers.
You can find them in this thread:

4 Likes

What about when your bottom module doesn’t work, so the other person can’t hear you, and you work 9:00 - 18:00 anyways, so can’t call during customer service hours anyways (Monday to Friday 9:30 - 17:30)??

Unusable phone with no reply from customer service: 13 days and counting…

:weary:

I totally understand your anger, frustration and complaints.
I had to wait 50 days for a first reply; quite lonng, even if over x-mas and new-years eve some delay could be expected.

But on the other hand: really, no break for a 10 minutes call?

It actually is hard to take a 10 min break for a call, but it was more the
physical inability to do so with a broken phone.

Anyways, I finally got the chance to sit down and open up my phone, took
out all the modules, blew on them for luck, plugged it all back together,
and everything now seems to be working fine, except for the left side of
the screen still doesn’t respond to touch.

I’ll take it though!

1 Like

I really understand the problem to make a call, when the thing is not working. :frowning:
And I agree, that the service hours are not exactly customer friendly.

Good to hear, that you could fix the issues beside the display.
If that is unresponsive on one side and cleaning the contacts did not help, there - as far as I am aware - is no other option but to change it.
I gues you already have seen this thread:

The smoothest way for getting a new display is to order one first, then return the broken one and get e refund for the new one.
There are at least two users I found after a short search in the tread, that were successful this way.

1 Like

Dear Fairphone team,

I am not looking for publicity but since you seem to be unable to communicate via your own ticket system or rather ensuing e-mails and since not even calling your support hotline (twice) seems to do the trick, I will reluctantly try this channel.

This is a friendly reminder: My initial ticket (#223587) with your customer support was filed on January, the 10th, 2018. That was nearly three months ago. Until now, you have not fixed one single issue my device is experiencing:

• Random reboots; even after continuous software updates; you got a video

• Broken touch functionality; I cannot activate any icons along the long edges of the screen; you got a screenshot

• Inoperative proximity sensor; screen is unusable during calls; the power button had to be remapped to end calls

• A broken backcover; apparently, carrying the device in your trouser pockets is too much strain for the plastic; the component was swapped once on my own account

The device was about 18 months old when I filed the initial ticket and all these issues are cases to be covered by your warranty, would you decide to care. So far, I have been in contact with people by the names of Marco, Randy and Malena and their approaches to customer support all have been rather erratic, in positive terms. In more realistic wording: You guys have the extremely unpleasant tendency to just abandon dialogue without reason.

Please do your job. Three months are way too long and having to deal with you people as well as having to use a mobile phone that is 50% junk and 50% brick (roughly estimated) is extremely frustrating.

Cheers!

2 Likes

11 posts were split to a new topic: About Support’ working hours

I’m sorry to hear about your experience, but posting on this community forum won’t get the support team’s attention.
I’d try calling again. Just make sure you try it during office hours. And I don’t know if this is still true, but last I heard support is not taking calls on Thursdays.