Fairphone problems and identification , help!

I am 10 months into a fairphone 2 year contract, and am really unhappy with my phone and have been for some time.

It has lods of issues that I can’t fix using the workarounds and more appear all the time. Some of the issues I have are random reboots, the screen becoming unresponsive, the phone refusing to turn on at all even when fully charged, apps crashing, apps crashing when I’m not using them and they aren’t running in the background, apps disappearing, WiFi connection problems, phone getting very hot when charging, getting stuck on the fairphone screen, stuck on loudspeaker when making calls, terrible camera quality and others.
These issues sometimes appear and then go away, and there seems to be no pattern to when they occur.

I contacted the Fairphone support thing a while ago but they just did a scan and told me my phone was fine, which I know isn’t true. I want to know how I can go about sending my phone back and getting a full refund?

I also need help identifying which fair phone I actually have, I have looked at both of the guided and google images to find the numbers that you need to make a complaint but they don’t seem to be in the places they are on the fairphone 1 and 2.

I really hope someone can help as I am at my wits end with a phone I am paying a lot of money for!

This might be a good place to start for some background:

At the bottom you can pick your country to read more about the specifics relevant to where you are.

Fairphone can test and repair devices, but they have no control over whatever contract you entered into. As the phone was sold to you as part of the contract, local rules apply to that sale:

Note that as you’ve had the phone for more than 6 months, the burden of proof that this is a defect that was present when you bought the device is technically with you. I’m not sure how this works in practise, or what you’d need to do. In most cases I’ve heard of, it hasn’t been an issue.

Most countries allow deductions from any refund issued for the time the product was used. Outside of the initial two week cooling-off period full refunds are not a legal right in most countries (though sometimes they may be offered). Refunds (partial or full) only need to be offered if repair or replacement is not possible within a reasonable time frame. Your mileage may vary, so always contact the seller to see what they are willing to do.

Do you mean these guided images? Does the phone at least look similar? IMEI numbers are usually also shown in Settings > About Phone > Status > IMEI information, or can be found by entering *#06# using the phone app dial pad.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.