Fairphone policy following Brexit

Well, Fairphone does on their homepage expressly state a few times, that they will ship to the UK. Most prominent:

On that last page they expressly state, that they will ship to the UK without VAT, as it is outside the EU.

Therefore - to me - this question seems answered, even if the shop-page seems to have a bug; but they are already aware of that, if I got @Gert123 right.

1 Like

Hi Bert,

You did indeed. They are now aware of the bug/issue illustrated above. There are now two workarounds in for this issue. One being the direct link the other suggested by BertG.

:+1:

1 Like

I don’t know what you are doing differently but as you can see from my screen shot (post 16) I have United Kingdom as the selected Destination.

I’ve just tried again with no problem?

When you get to the Product page click on the [UK flag : EN ] and select Country… [The flag only indicates website user] and [EN the language}, you need then to select country by clicking on the [Flag EN].

Yex, it works on the initial stage.
But once you have placed something in the basket and proceed to checkout, the UK mysteriously does vanish from the list. :frowning:

1 Like

I recommend to routinely mention the browser used. I seem to remember there was an issue with Firefox with regard to exactly this.

Insert UK/Brexit vanishing joke here :wink:

1 Like

I did in the report to Fairphone - I used Firefox / Safari and I even installed Chrome for 5 minutes before banishing it from my machine till the end of time. Anyway workaround is above if you need it.

1 Like

I just experienced this problem using Opera.
That seems to make it a problem rather independent of the browser used (or at least concerning multiple browsers).

Edit (to do @Gert123 justice):

1 Like

UK retailers live on different planets, only when you dig around you find a fair price.

Foe example ballicom:
3: £390.28
3+: £374.45
Neither makes sense.
BT 3: £369
COOP 3: £360
BOX 3 £350 (which is exactly 399 in euro)

I don’t have a problem here in Cornwall the UK using

Firefox 78.5 ESR, on Raspberry Pi 4B and
Firefox 85.2 on Windows 10

Shopping cart full, Country UK

Are you sure all you people are using the Flag on the product page to select the country ???

1 Like

Yes, I am sure. Unfortunately. And I have no explanation.

Here’s my steps:
I select country:

• United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

language:

• English (just to make sure)

→ Pressing the button “Save & Continue

Selctiong FP3+
→ Pressing the button “Buy

The bottom line shows

Subtotal 399 GBP and the button “Continue to Cart

→ Pressing the button “Continue to Cart

And - up to right now - the shipping destination was switched to “Netherlands” and the list didn’t show UK at all.

Right now - by miracle or whatelse - the shipping destination remains UK.
But now there is no more lilst to choose from. It’s UK only.

Conclusion.
I’m dumbfounded. No idea, what’s going on and what has happened why.
There at least seems to be a problem.

1 Like

It may just have been a cookie set to the default that didn’t clear on next access :slight_smile:
Anyway all’s OK then

1 Like

Last update for the night…

Issue persists but is inconsistent as mentioned before alternatives are available. Fairphone will resolve the problem I’m sure.

Good Night :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking at your screen shot you are on the wrong page, look at my image on post 17. Check the URLs

It seems you haven’t selected /gb-en/ you have only /en/ which is English for the Netherlands not English for UK users :slight_smile:

It is switching to that page by itself.
I have had the same experience. Don’t know why.

On the products page although it does, in my case, show the UK Flag : EN, the prices are still in Euros. I have to click on the Flag:EN to then select the Country [UK GB & NI] and save that choice to get the prices in Brit £.

Once that’s done the rest is OK

Update: Second attempt

I have just cleared the cookies and this time left the shop front page with Netherlands Flag ~ EN and set cookies to essentials only.

I went to the product page and using the Flag Icon change the country to United Kingdom of Greta Brittan and Northern Ireland ~ All is fine as you can see from the image below.

I can not replicate the problem using Firefox and it doesn’t appear to be a Brexit issue as it was the same in Oct 20 when I bought the phone and in Dec 20 when my daughter bought one ??

Same result friend @BertG is right it switches itself…

Again alternative workflow above somewhere

1 Like

@Gert123

???
Given the screen shot of your last post, if you now click ln the Flag:EN do you not get an option to select the the UK?
???

But how should someone guess that even if the small icon already shows the UK flag they need to select the UK flag again to make it work? Especially if there is a more obvious “Shipping destination” selection available.

BTW, I tried it and selecting the UK via the flag while in the shopping cart takes me back to the start page of the shop.

P.S.: the “Save & Continue” on the country and language selection dialog doesn’t seem to do what I’d expect it to do in general. Selecting Germany as country and German as language, closing the tab and opening the page again only restores the country not the language.

2 Likes

@Gert123 Did you try emptying the cookies? It might help.